Chapter 4: Lime Smoke

“Very well,” Ahmed said. He pressed his palms together and bowed at the waist. There was a sound like shattering glass and the room filled with the familiar smoke. Excitedly I searched around the room as the smoke cleared to reveal a simple bronze looking lamp on the bed. I ran over to the bed quickly and quickly rubbed my hand against the smooth outside.

Smoke billowed into the room but this time it was different. The smoke was a lime green color without any glitter and it had a scratchy sensation on my skin. I covered my face with the collar of my shirt and tried not to breathe as the air filled with the new vibrant smoke.

“Hello,” said a female voice from within the smoke. I struggled to see an outline of a girl kneeling on the edge of the bed. She had the obvious Saudi Arabian look to her and her hair was long.

“I wish I had a puppy I said before I even bothered to learn her name. A sudden puff of lime green smoke appeared again and cleared. Lying on the bed where the genie had just been laid a new sleeping puppy. I smiled as I walked towards it and pat its silky ears and golden fur. I lifted the puppy up in my lap and sat down next to a new silvery lamp.