Chapter 10: The Deal

Start from the beginning

My heart sank. In the mirror, while I was washing my hands, a reflection of a raven-haired was closing the restroom's door. As he was getting closer, it began beating faster.

Before I knew it, Jeon Jungkook was right next to me.

"Sorry, I-I'll move now..." I dried my hands and turned away. The other grabbed my arm.

"I didn't tell you to move."

The grip was warm yet harsh, his tone less irritated, though eyes remained as cold as always. They were looking straight at me. For a moment, I'd lost my breath.

"Do you work tomorrow?" he questioned suddenly.

"Yes, w-why are you asking?"

"Weird," Jungkook mumbled, "I heard you telling Mrs. Levi you weren't."

"I w-wasn't planning to, but another waiter asked me to fill in... sort of asked... He's the boss's son..." I explained, then repeated, "why do you need to know...?"

In an uncomfortable silence, Jungkook bit his lip, now seeming much less confident, perhaps slightly annoyed. "So they made you." He glanced at the restroom's exit. "And that waiter, is he still here? What if...?" he thought aloud, a grin spreading across his face. "What if we'll fix it?"

"Why? Wh-what do you want from me?"

Gazing away from the door, almost reliving, the usual rage in his eyes was back as they lay on me anew. Although used to his fury, I'd never seen it accompanied by a smirk. "Just assumed you'd rather spend that time in my place instead, I'll let you correct me if I'm wrong."

"Why would you want me there? Wh-what's going on?"

"I know what you're after, and I want you to pay for what you've done," he said. "We might make a deal."

"A deal..." His voice, his expression, and everything about his words had sent me into a state of panic. I was dying to hear what they meant, but it was the former part that made me wish to ask something more. "So we c-can get my Christmas back?"

Jungkook's smirk wore off. Within seconds, the grin changed into an earnest, determined look.

"Here's what we're going to do," he answered.

I was acting out what Jungkook had told me, leading him to the boss's son, describing anything he could use for our plan as he rolled up his sleeves.

"Is that him?" I nodded. "Go ahead," he said.

I sneaked behind the blonde, staying unnoticed while maintaining eye contact with Jungkook. He gave me the cue; there were no witnesses, and the other's guard was down.

"Hey, puff!" I called. "The shift tomorrow is yours."

The waiter jumped and made a sharp turn. "The fuck did you call me?!"

Jungkook appeared at my side, adding to his surprise and confusion.

"I said," I continued, "that the shift tomorrow is yours," I emphasized as though he had difficulty understanding. From all the people I'd ever met, he was the most fun to finally mock.

"You think?" He cleared his throat, pretending to be all smug, attempting to ignore we weren't alone. "You know what will happen then, don't you?"

Jungkook let out a dry cough. "I don't."

The waiter could not ignore him any longer.

My spine hit the restaurant's outer wall, and the pulse in my wrists fastened against Jungkook's palms.

"You wanted something, right?" I asked. "I don't care what it is. I owe you."

"You fucking do..." My breath began to shake as my neck became hot with his. "Don't mind the grip, do you?" My cheeks were on fire, jaw still open in shock, mouth refusing to utter a sound not to distract my nose from inhaling the addicting scent. "Do you?" he repeated into my ear. I shook my head at once. "I thought you wouldn't."

"I..."

"I make you feel safe, don't I? You like my voice, and you really like my body..."

I pushed him away. "You read my diary!"

"You fucked up my childhood!"

That was what it was all about. I was aware of it. Lowering my gaze, I remembered the endless situations that could have brought us to where we were.

"What do you want, then?" I muttered.

His foot moved forward. I got the hint and moved mine backward. Another step, each keeping to his direction, and another, until I pressed to the wall again.

"I said I'd like to see you at my place tomorrow. You're a smart boy, isn't it obvious?" Jungkook scoffed. "But I'll ask this first, just to make sure... What do you want?"

"You've... already read about it..." My limbs were growing weak. He was too close. "I-I wish you didn't tell me to get away and maybe just... gave me some of your time..."

"Spare me the romantic bullshit," he said.

"I was serious..."

The sinister grin did not disappear for too long. "Sure, I can grant you that." I could sense my eyes widening, butterflies filling my stomach. "Though I'll have something back, anything I'll ask. Is that okay with you?"

I was well aware of what I agreed to, and still, nodded with such excitement, it made my nape hurt.

Tomorrow morning at his place. It was final, set.

*

Jungkook's P.O.V

I was in my pajamas, ready to get to bed. Somebody knocked on my door.

"Who is it?"

"It's me..." I heard.

"Oh, Robert, how was your date?" I asked and let him in. "Wha— Are you crying?!"

Robert crushed onto my couch.

"It was a prank..." He sobbed. "They tried to make fun of me..."

I read all comments and votes are highly appreciated. Thank you!