Chapter 3

MDR

I stand still watching as the Straw Hat pirates draw closer, their captain eyeing me with suspicion & excitement. The crew soon arrives & surround me, Zoro stands beside Luffy like a good first mate, his hand resting on his swords ready for anything. Sanji also eyes me with suspicion & lust evident in his eyes. Chopper, Nami, & Usopp eye me with suspicion & fear. While Brook, Robin, Franky & Jinbe are ready for anything.

"What brings you to my island, Straw Hat Pirates?" I ask hiding a smile.

"I am going to be The King of The Pirates!" Luffy yells into the sky, causing his crew to smirk & laugh.

"Show me you are worthy."
Luffy & his crew exchange confused glances before another ship reaches my shores. This one belongs to the Heart Pirates. The final ship to arrive belongs to the Kid Pirates.

"I was here first! The rest of you leave!" Luffy shouts causing the captain's of the other ships to race towards us, yelling nonsense at each other. The bickering between the captains ends when I can no longer hold my laughter. The pirates of every crew now around me.

"Hey, floating lady. How do we become king?" My brother asks.

"Simple really. The one worthy of being king is the one everyone will follow no matter the crew."

"There are three of us here. How will the king be decided?" Law asks.

"By the crews. Captains will hide within my island, the first to acquire every crew member present will be king. Fight if you want but be warned my island detest violence. Oh & captains no stragising with your crewmates. Everyone here has the right to decide who the king will be."

Nami steps forward, "so if we want Luffy as king we have to find him first?" She asks.

"Not quite, if we each choose our captains then the king would still be undecided." Bepo the Polar bear states.

"So king goes to the captain with the most crewmates?" Usopp questions.

"While it's funny listening to everyone figure out my game we must start it now. Captains if you would please choose a path." I wave my hand & three paths open up. One is void of life, the other is full of it & the third is a mystery even to me. Only Roger knows what lays beyond that path. I watch as Luffy runs towards the third smiling like a goof & yelling "Adventure!" At the top of his lungs. Leaving his crew laughing & the others staring at him dumbfounded. I suppress a giggle as I watch the remaining Captains take a path. Once the Captains are out of earshot I turn to the crew members.

"You may feel your loyalties to your captains are being tested here, that maybe the case for some, & for others it may simply be a case of Freedom & Adventure. I ask all of you to take a moment & decide who the best fit for Pirate King will be. I know each of you have spent time with each captain. I will leave you to decide on your own who is best fit for the title of King of the Pirates."

I turn to leave the group only for Robin to speak up. "Are you Monkey D. Rose?" She asks simply a small smile spreads across my lips as she speaks.

"I am. Now choose wisely." I disappear into the island's trees watching silently as the crew members debate.