Toomes is Coming - 16

Start from the beginning

Principal Morita: Good morning.

[A teenage boy flies a drone around the crowded hallway. You guys walk by. Principal Morita grabs the drone out of the air.]

Principal Morita: Damn it. You, in my office right now. Salty ass Morita.

The drone pilot follows the principal. Other students carry elaborate science projects. Peter stops at his locker and takes off his jacket. He enters the combination and opens the locker. Suddenly, a person pops up behind him. NED! With the Death Star! I love knowing things! And whaddya know, it's Ned Leeds holding a Palpatine Lego figure over Peter's shoulder.

Ned: (imitating Emperor Palpatine) Join me, and together... we'll build my new Lego Death Star.

Peter: What?

Cheerleader: So lame. Rando bitch.

Payton: So is cheer! She scoffed and walked away.

Peter: No way! That's awesome. How many pieces?

Ned: Three thousand eight hundred and three.

Peter: That's insane.

Ned: I know. You want to build it tonight?

Peter: No, I can't tonight. I've got the Stark-

Ned: Mm-hmm. Stark internship.

Peter: Yeah, exactly.

Payton: Y'all get way too excited over this. I'll help, Ned. But only if you buy me food! I'll do anything for food!

We start walking down the hallway, on our way to Spanish. 

Ned: Always got that internship.

Peter: Yeah, well, hopefully, soon it'll lead to a real job with them.

Ned: That would be so sweet.

Peter: Right?

Ned: He'd be all, "Good job on those spreadsheets, Peter. Here's a gold coin."

[Peter gives him a look.]

Ned: I don't know how jobs work.

Peter: That's exactly how they work.

Someone taps you shoulder, making you jump out of your skin and yell. "Holy Loki! Oh. Jordan. You suck, you know that?" He laughs and nods, "Yeah, but you love me!" I suppose. JJ is one of the only other real friends you have other than Ned, Peter, and MJ. Jordan's also gay, but no one knows. Which is weird because he's always talking about hot guys. I mean, MJ clearly knows and he knows she knows, but we haven't brought it up yet. But, I mean, MJ knows everything! I'M VeRy oBsERvaNt, my ass! She must be some all-knowing god, really. She's, like a mini Nick Fury!

Jordan put an arm around you waist, looking over your head at the quarterback he currently likes.

Ned: Oh. (chuckles) I'll knock out the basic bones of the Death Star at my place. And, and then I'll come by afterwards...

His voice fades out as Peter slows to a stop. In slow motion, Peter looks at Jordan's arm around you. His eyes widen and his fist clenches. He glares at Jordan and is clearly angry. Very angry. He can barely keep up with his conversation with Ned.

Ned: ...because for the most part, the difficult thing is the base of it. The top half we can knock out in two hours, tops.

Peter: That'd be great.