Chapter 19

3rd pov~

Stepping off the stage, Crystal wiped the tears off of her face, the huge smile still their as adrenaline pumped in her veins. Arms came and wrapped themselves around Crystals waist, effectively scaring her. "You where great out there, the best I have seen you." The words where whispered with a laugh hinted in there somewhere. "It was like a whole different you came out and took over the stage." The arms turned her around and she came face to face with Jackson. "It's like you where alive, more alive then you are fighting or racing." A smile fell over his face and Jackson leaned in to give Crystal a peck on the lips.

Leaning back, Crystal wrapped her arms around Jackson's neck to give a big hug in celebration of their performance. "This is the happiest that I think I have ever been." Crystal breathlessly spoke as her breathing was pitched and heavy with overexertion. "Let's go sit down and wait till the rest are done." Taking Jackson's hand into her own, Crystal lead them over, with a little bounce to her steps, to two open chairs lined against the back wall where the rest of the contestants where sitting or standing while talking to each other.

Getting a good look at the other contestants for the first time while her jitters where gone, she finally saw what the others looked like. Let me tell you they aren't the best performance costumes Crystal has seen in her lifetime. It looks like sparkles, a birthday party, and paint puked all over them in clothing attire. One group of girls, the popular one's of course, where wearing outfits that where very tight fitting and short. Their shirts where cropped and the neckline a V going down to show enough cleavage to deem it inappropriate. And let's not talk about the skirt that seemed to be attached to them and riding up just under their butts to show a little too much when they shouldn't be. If Crystal remembered correctly they tried to sing while doing ribbon dancing. Catch the word 'tried' as obviously they sounding like dyeing chickens when they sang. Their song choice was Anaconda by Nicki Minaj. Not a very good song choice for their performance, but oh well.

The next person was a solo act, wearing bright green neon paint, with neon pink and yellow splattered on in certain places from head to toe. Their clothing was a tracksuit that was also colored bright orange neon with black outlining the edges. A light show is what they did, and considering it was in the dark, they probably wanted to be flashy while they did random things with their blue light show.

Then their was another group with outfits that seem made out of confetti entirely as their shirts and pants had pieces of fabric just hanging loosely where they where sown on. Then to top it off the clothing ranges from red to black, with everything in-between; orange, pink, blue, green, you get the idea. They looked like a rainbow puked all over them, but in party form, and not in a good way considering their shoes where in pairs of red and purple, yellow and pink, orange and green, blue and black. Well the last pairing wasn't as bad, but nothing goes wrong with black.

After at the puke worthy outfits of some of the others wore, Crystal decided not to look at anyone else in case she actually threw up. So she turned towards Jackson who was sitting next to her on his phone and poked his arm. This went on for a few minutes non-stop until Jackson got too annoyed with the insistent poking and turned his head to see what Crystal wanted.

Crystal, seeing that Jackson turned his attention onto her stopped her poking and gave a pout to show that she was upset. "I'm bored. Make me not bored." She whined and shook his arm to emphasize how bored she was of just sitting there.

"Did you forget your phone in the car again?" Jackson asked Crystal as she would usually be on her phone about now playing random games and trying to beat her high scores. Seeing Crystal give puppy dog eyes in response, Jackson sighed and put the phone out where they both could see, got his headphones out and gave Crystal a bud and pressed on the Netflix app so they could watch Avatar the Last Airbender. (A/N Anyone else just rewatch this after it was out up?) They where on season three episode 12, finally getting to some good stuff, Crystal often cooing at Zuko because, honestly, who wouldn't when Zuko was being a cutie.

The two got to about episode 15, maybe 16, and they where upset since they where getting into some action that you just don't want to stop watching. Crystal gave an annoyed huff as they called for everyone to get together on the stage so they could announce the winner. Getting up, Jackson and Crystal held hands in hopes that they might have a chance to get first place. "I thank you ladies and gentlemen, to our high school talent show. Whoever wins this will have a full paid scholarship to the Performing Arts University in NYC where you will have a chance to be scouted out into something bigger, but that all depends on you." The principle spoke loud and clear into the microphone, looking at the people in the crowd. "Now it is with great honor to announce this years winner."

Drumming rang through as people's anticipation rose and had them hanging onto the edge of their seats. Those on stage where shaking and praying that they where the winner as this could be a once in a life time opportunity. "The winner is," The principle opens an envelope that the Universities director wrote the winners names on, "Crystal and Jackson, with their performance of "How do you Love Someone" by Ashley Tisdale." He turned to look directly at the winners who where frozen in place. "Congratulations you two."

Crystal slowly turned towards Jackson, tears once again falling down her cheeks in happiness, Jackson returning the look with his own tears. "We won." It was whispered, but it seemed so loud to the both of them. They just couldn't believe it, they where going into a University to continue what they just did up on that stage. "WE WON!" Jackson finally shouted, breaking Crystal out of her daze. They enveloped each other in a hug, golden confetti and sparkles falling around them in celebration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay I am finishing this story here, I hope you all liked it. Took a long time to come back to it, but it's finally finished. Comment and leave a like.

Thank you for reading~Bri