Chapter 3

It was the next day and class 1A had left for the USJ trip with Eraserhead. You had just finished with 1B's quirkless combat period outside, with a stern rant from Vlad King to Monoma about his attitude and how he definitely needed this training.

"These kids are really a handful," you commented. "How the heck do you teach them?"

Vlad chuckled a bit. "Same way you are, and barely managing it. Having this job for a few years helps. Kendo has been a real help too, keeping the class under control."

"If only the rest of the class was like her." You sighed. Before you could add that Class 1A and 1B had students that were like polar opposites that somehow fit each other, you saw All Might walking out in the corner of your eye.

He was in his skinny, deflated form, with a worried look on his face. You were told that this was his regular form to save strength as he had some sort of time limit. You frowned. Wasn't he supposed to be at USJ at this time?

"Where are you headed?" Vlad asked, waving towards him.

"I'm going to check up on the kids at their training." All Might gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm somewhat worried about them."

"Of course." Vlad nodded his head. "Good luck."

You watched as the blond man walked off. He was probably going to change form to get to the USJ quicker. A few minutes later, before you and Vlad continued to go your separate ways, loud engine noises interrupted the two of you.

"Mr. Kan! Mx. [L/N]!" The blue-haired boy with glasses, Iida, bent down with his hands on his knees, panting for breath. "There was a villain attack at the USJ! We couldn't use our communications because of some disturbances so I ran here to get the heroes to help!"

Kurogiri sure messed up, didn't he? "All Might was just heading there, it should be fine. He can take care of it all by himself."

"I saw All Might on my way here and explained everything to him," Iida said. "But more backup would be extremely helpful and reassuring, please!"

You nodded hesitantly, looking at Vlad. "Of course."

"We should go just in case for back-up," Vlad said. He was already running into the building. "Especially with the... condition. I'll get everyone available."

Excuses, excuses, excuses, you thought frantically. You felt like you were back in grade school trying to think of some excuse for not doing your homework or getting away with something. The pro heroes would make this attack so much more difficult, if not impossible. Maybe the Nomu will beat All Might quickly enough anyway.

Eventually, unable to think of anything to get yourself out of the situation, a few minutes later, there was an assembly of pro heroes that came immediately as soon as they heard. You decided to follow, as none of the others had told you to stay. Iida's concerned and distressed face had you both admiring his determination and hoping that Tomura was actually doing what Sensei had in mind and not just playing around.

When you finally arrived, you were quite shocked by the result. Tomura's Nomu wasn't there, and All Might was still standing strong facing Tomura and Kurogiri. Bodies of the pack of villains that they had quickly and messily put together were strewn about. Did All Might do that?

Midoriya was about to throw a punch at the villain, but Kurogiri had made a portal for Shigaraki's hand to go through to use his quirk on him. However, before that could happen, Snipe's bullet shot his hand.

You winced as a few more bullets hit him, knowing he'd be extremely annoyed when you see him again. It hurted you to see this.

"I came back with all the people I could scrape together! Class 1-A president Iida Tenya!" Iida shouted to the class as if reassuring them. "Reporting for duty!

You watched as the students smiled and cried in relief, staring at the heroes. You spotted two students carrying Eraserhead near Thirteen and headed over there quickly.

"Mx. [L/N]!" The two students were Tsuyu and Mineta, looking at you with relief. You put his arm around your shoulder and frowned.

"What got him like this?" you asked. "The villains?"

Tsuyu shook her head. "There was a monster of a villain. Mr. Aizawa was already worn out from fighting the other villains. He was still fighting and saved me with that thing crushing him." She looked down worriedly at her teacher.

"That— that thing nearly killed him!" Mineta exclaimed. You had barely met him when teaching and you were fed up with him. His eyes were wide with fear and he was tearing up. You quickly wondered if that was the only other reason for his eyes widening: perverted stares and fear. "I don't want to see those things again!"

You watched how limp and broken Eraser's body was as you carried him. He defeated all those villains by himself and Thirteen, and survived the Nomu? His face was bloodied and you could see a deep cut right below his right eye. His right elbow was also hurt, and you could tell it was because of Tomura's quirk due to the cracks and bits of dust.

You could kill him so easily right now and it would be a high-ranking pro hero down. But you couldn't. Your hands were still clean. Plus, there wasn't exactly a way you could get out of the situation.

You pushed the bad feeling away and shrugged as you carried his broken body away and to the stretchers that soon appeared with the ambulance as the heroes sorted everything out and got everyone to safety.

Looking back, you saw a bunch of smoke surrounding All Might and Midoriya next to him, injured, before a cement wall blocked the view.

Kirishima was heading their direction, so you figured the heroes must have been protecting All Might's secret form. But what about Midoriya? You shook your head, deciding to find out the answers later.

For now, you felt a sense of awe for Eraser and guilt. He really cared about his students and protected them with everything he had.