Chapter 6

The final fight was finally over, with Bakugo placing first, to many people's surprise, and to many people's disappointment.

Todoroki and Tokoyami were second and third, respectively. You had heard that Iida had gone home early, due to a family emergency.

Apparently his brother had been attacked by Stain, the famous hero killer that was going around in the news. You were already seeing news of him when you were browsing through your phone, finding it strange that this solo villain was becoming more popular than the large villain attack at the USJ. Tomura better step up his game.

When all the medals were given to the top three by All Might, the festival concluded after a brief announcement from Mic about how hard they worked and how much they were going to improve. The classes were then dismissed, with some students staying behind to help clean up.

You, Eraserhead, Present Mic, and most of the other teachers had to stay a bit longer to evaluate the students' performance during the festival. Their internships were going to begin in a few days, and right after the internship week, their end of term test was in the works.

You weren't a student, but you felt like this was a lot of work and pressure that was being laid on top of them, especially after the villain attack.

You sat down in one of the chairs in the classroom. There were a lot of student files to check over and review, and to see if any of the non-heroics class students could possibly transfer into a heroics class, and vice-versa. With Eraser injured, you had to help him with most of these things.

"That boy with the brainwashing quirk," you started, glancing at Eraser, "Shinso. He's sort of like you. Maybe you can teach him how to fight with that quirk."

The hero shrugged. "Are you suggesting we move him to heroics? I'm not against it. The entrance exam was unfair for him."

"As well as others. But some others caught my attention." You noticed Eraser staring at Shinso's entrance exam report. "What, you got plans for him?"

He looked up. "Just thinking."

You raised an eyebrow. "I know All Might has a favorite student. Do you? Wait no, you've barely seen him. Does he intrigue you? Maybe enough to give him private lessons," you joked.

"You ask too many questions."

"You're not denying it."

"I'm not confirming it," he scoffed.

"I'm joking." You laughed. "Let's recommend him for heroics class."

It was a good thing the next two days were off, so you'd have time to work on this more if you didn't finish. But you decided to be productive for once and finish up everything now. Future you would be thankful.

After about an hour, you finished with your inputs for Nezu and got your things to leave. Eraser was just about done as well, but he had a meeting to go to afterwards to discuss the security of the school after the USJ incident. You left before him with a simple "good bye" and yawn.

Not a lot of students really caught your attention or seemed important enough to talk about with Tomura, but Midoriya had still interested you. The way he had escaped from Shinso's brainwashing was amazing and surprising, but also, disappointing. You had wanted Shinso to win. He had definitely deserved it. Midoriya was warned about the quirk anyway, yet he still failed to not respond.

But regardless, the fight with him and Todoroki was worth the watch. They were both really powerful. With Todoroki's ice paired with fire, if only he had the will to use it, he would be an OP boss.

You shook your head. You knew you were spending too much time with Tomura if you were using gamer terms to describe people now. He used to play games a lot more but slowly treated life as more of a game, and started to use game terms to describe things.

You silently laughed at yourself as you walked to Anteiku. You had called the manager that you would be late today because of the festival.

<•>

The next day, since you didn't have work at school, you met with Ethan after finishing up work at the café. It was late and dark out, but you spotted him right outside, waving at you with a large cup. He had chameleon-like features: skin a bit scaly and a tail. His hair was slicked-back and blue, different from the orange you remembered last you saw him. He held a cup in each hand, handing you one.

"Ethan, hey!" you greeted. You grabbed the cup from the man, knowing it was the coffee from the shop, your co-worker having served him not too long ago. "Thanks."

Ethan nodded in response, grinning. "How's it going? Long time no see."

"Usually you wouldn't say that because people can't see you," you joked. You popped open the lid of the cup to let the coffee cool down a bit quicker. "It's been good. I heard from Shigaraki that you were finishing up the project with the others."

The two of you started walking, heading towards the hideout. You had wanted to talk about the festival with Tomura.

"Yep." He lowered his voice. "We're just waiting for the final part for the Nomu. It might take a while though, we'd have to see what the doctor will decide."

"I see." You changed the topic, not wanting to discuss the villainous activities going on. "Have you done anything fun recently?"

"Nah, I've been hanging out with the group. They've been working more on the project than me, so I've just started straying away but keeping up with the details. I've been focusing more on my job too." Ethan shrugged. "Hopefully they know what they're doing."

"Avoiding taking any blame, huh?" You laughed. "That's so like you. But when messing with those things, it would be hard to keep them under control." You glanced at his face, noticing a worrisome look. "Something happened between you four?"

He looked up, surprised. "Uh, no. It's just... the lack of something happening." He laughed it off and changed the subject. "What about you? You're keeping tabs on U. A. right?"

You nodded hesitantly. "I've been keeping track of the interesting quirks students have and finding connections to All Might, but I'm finding it kinda fun to teach the kids. Sensei hasn't really been saying anything about what I've talked about though, as if he was looking for a different kind of information. He only spoke up about a certain student I said."

"The festival yesterday must've been good."

"Yeah. It was recorded and broadcasted live, but I got to see some more quirks up close. There's some interesting things going on with All Might and a student."

"It might just be because of a teacher's pet kind of thing, y'know. I wouldn't doubt that, people like to play favorites." He chuckled, then took a sip of coffee. He eyed your cup, which you haven't had a sip of yet because of the heat. "And your insomnia? Has it gotten better?"

"Not really. I've managed to stay awake longer though. Coffee helps a lot." You shrugged. "I've been trying to cut back on it though."

"Katsumi can't get past morning without coffee." He laughed. "He and Aiko are dating now, finally."

"Who would've guessed?" Somehow, even though you barely knew those two, you knew they had a thing for each other. Even Miki knew, but being a brother, he didn't say anything to get in the way of them. He probably didn't want to be a third wheel, either.

You took a sip of the coffee, which had finally cooled to a reasonable temperature. It was a bit more bitter than you would've liked. "Was anyone the third wheel or did they find out themselves eventually?"

"They found out eventually with a few hints." Ethan smiled mischievously. "I may have told a few lies to them privately to get them together."

"Ha, what'd you tell them?"

Before he could answer, you stopped walking and started feeling lightheaded.

"You alright?" Ethan asked, concerned.

You leaned against the wall. You were lightheaded and dizzy, feeling as if you'd pass out any second. You felt Ethan catching you as you almost fell, and heard the coffee drop and spill on the ground.