Revelation

Chapter 7:

       “Don't worry,” said the Obstetrician, returning two hours after childbirth to check on Ahsoka, he had been surprised, and stunned upon learning of the birth of twins, he didn't know how or why, he hadn't seen it on the ultrasound. At his words, Anakin, looking away from the twins, turned his head to him, “These little ones, they are in great shape and it's thanks to you. If you hadn't been there, she wouldn't have found the strength to go through until the end of her childbirth.”

    “I haven't done much,” Anakin replied, his eyes riveted on his daughter, sleeping peacefully, without suffering. 

   “Yes, you supported her,” he insisted, “You've found the right words and there is nothing better.”

    Anakin smiled, inwardly, he was happy to have been able to help her. “They are very small.” he pointed out, his eyes riveted on the newborns babies.

    “They weigh three kilograms, though.” he smiled, as Anakin turned his head towards him, “And then they will grow up in eighteen years, they will be stronger than their daddy.”

     “I'm not the father.” Anakin said, slightly, flustered at the idea, but curious and confused. “This is my Padawan.”

    “I know.” he said with a small nod, “I don't really know the bond between a Master and his Apprentice. But I have observed you during the childbirth, and I feel that she is more for you than a simple pupil, but you are closer than you should be, am I right ?”

   He nodded according to his words, calming down. He was right, she was more to me, much more than my Apprentice, she was my little sister 'Snips', but above all she was my daughter, my child.

    “Master,” a small voice said, tired and he lifted his head to see that she was awake, he sat down next to her and took her hand, relieved not to see her writhing in pain anymore. 

“How are you feeling ?”

“Tired.”

   “It's normal,” said the Obstetrician, and they both looked up at him, “You made an important effort. Your hormones are dropping, now you need to rest.” She nodded briskly, “But everything is fine, they are in great shape your little ones.” At his words, she looked away, refusing to talk about it or even think about it. “Alright, I'll leave you,” he said, before leaving the room, leaving them both. 

    “Snips,” Anakin said, stroking her lekku, “I understand you're lost, and distraught.”

   “I don't want to talk about it.” she said, firmly, wanting to end the conversation, and closed her eyes, “I want to sleep.” 

“As you wish,” he replied, understanding, letting her fall asleep.

---

  Obi-Wan heads for the Council Chamber, his concerns turning to the Young Jedi, his head full of questions and uncertainties, bows, before speaking: “Masters, I am here to report back on Anakin and Ahsoka's Mission on Felucia which is a success”. 

  “Where are Skywalker and his Padawan ?” asked Master Yoda. 

“To the Medical Bay, Master Yoda.”

    “Why are they not there, instead of you ?” demanded Master Windu.

     Not sure how to explain it to them, he decided there was no right way to tell it. “Something happened on Felucia, Masters ...”

      The Council still intrigued, he continues: “During the Mission, Ahsoka was taken violent abdominal spasms and excruciating pain in the lower back she ended up passing out, Anakin therefore had to drive her urgently to the Medical Bay, here, on Coruscant. While he was waiting for the results, I arrived and Medical Droid told us that Ahsoka made a denial of pregnancy that she was eight and a half months pregnant and that her pains was proof that labor was coming. We are shocked ourselves, so I understand how you feel.”

     Each member of the Jedi Council, looking at each other in turn, thinking they have misunderstood, they try to speak, in vain no words could come out of their mouths, the revelation of recent events had made them completely shocked and speechless.

     “If I understood everything correctly, Master Kenobi. You are telling us that Ahsoka is pregnant ? How is it possible ? She has no belly ! No symptoms that could match pregnancy !” asked Shaak-ti. 

    “Honestly, Master Ti, I don't know more than you do, but from what I know: it's the principle of a denial of pregnancy.” Obi-Wan replied. 

“A denial of pregnancy, Master Kenobi, you say ?” asked the Grand Jedi Master. 

     “Yes, Master Yoda. Ahsoka had absolutely no awareness of what was going on.” he told them.

     “How could it have happened ?” asked Mace Windu stunned.

    “I will arrest you immediately, Master Windu, Ahsoka has nothing to do with it.” Obi-Wan replies, trying to calm him down. 

    “But for nine months there was a baby growing inside her. Where was he all this time ?” asked Master Windu. 

    “I did some research and from what I have read, the baby is hiding because he feels that his mother does not want to see him, so he developed along the spine, under the ribs and to protect her from this trauma her psyche ordered her body to hide all the symptoms, so no belly or vomiting, nothing shows up.”

“How did she react ?” worrying Master Plo-Koon. 

    Obi-Wan, looking at him. “I'm not going to lie to you, she reacted very badly ...” he said, putting aside her four-day flight, while she was in grave danger, in the middle of nowhere, being able to give birth at any moment, “She has just given birth, and she is still in denial. She doesn't even look at them, she rejects her children. So Anakin stayed with her and put her into a deep sleep feeling that she needed to rest.” he answers to Kel-Dor.

   “She already given birth ?” asked Master Windu stunned. 

    Obi-Wan nodded. “Yes, after a long and painful labor of several hours, she ended up giving birth to a baby boy and a baby girl.” he replies. 

  “TWINS !?” Exclaimed Mace Windu in shock.

     “Masters, we do not know the why of how Ahsoka has made a denial of pregnancy, but she has nothing to do with it ?”

   “Master Kenobi, investigate it you need.” addressing Yoda to him. 

Obi-Wan, bows and leaves the Council chamber. “Yes, Masters.”.