Just Married - Part 1

The big bright diamond that sat on her ring finger twinkled into her eyes as Vera unraveled her bags. All it ever did was remind her of the short-term marriage that happened only under a week ago, legally changing Vera and her tall, blonde boyfriend's status to husband and wife.

The marriage is only on paper is what she's been telling herself, not exactly sure if she's ever going to be ready for such a serious commitment. She smirks down at her stretched-out hand, her fingers spaced out just enough for her to see the entire ring, including the small engravings on the gorgeous polished, silver band.

A knot grew inside of her as she went on to unpack her bags early that morning, nobody knew about this, family yes of course, but not the cast and crew that she grew close to over the past few years, including Patrick.

Oh boy, just thinking about how he would react to such news caused her palms to swelter. She's known him for years and it eventually became quite clear that they had some sort of a thing going on, a weird tension that was hard to work through when one was around the other.

Her bright mind went to work that morning, evaluating different scenarios as she downed her coffee, having nothing other to do than think.

-

Later that day they were needed on set, reshoots for The Conjuring 2 were needed as James wasn't all too happy with how some of the shots came out, and how the written out scripts were said. Thankfully, Patrick nor Vera was busy at the time, giving his team of producers and actors just under a few weeks to perform and perfect some of the scenes.

"Great to see you again," James says enthusiastically as he reaches out to hug both of the conjuring franchise stars at once. They smile, and the second they pull away they instinctively make eye contact which wasn't ever really a surprise, but this time around Vera felt her insides shrivel up on her, a feeling of betrayal falling over her as Patrick gleams down at her, pulling her frail, stiff body into his big open arms.

"And it's very good to see you," Patrick says, his beautiful white smile and his striking blue eyes worsening her case. All Vera could really do was smile and nod.

After Patrick pulled away he began to follow Vera and some of the crew members into the Warrens Home as they were told to take their places, thankfully enough, they sparked up an interesting conversation and told jokes as the rest of the crew began to trickle in. For once that afternoon it felt as if nothing ever changed, oh but her plan hasn't gone to work yet, and everyone was still oblivious to the ring she had on which was certainly not the wedding band she was assigned to wear.