Dance with Me

The sky was packed with dark clouds but the sun still managed to shine a blinding light through it all. The crews surroundings were a dull, lifeless color, but Vera couldn't help but feel so comfortable and delighted at this wonderful gloomy weather.

Vera had just wrapped up her scene with Madison in the yard of the Enfield house, but after hearing that they were to be on lunch break she decided to sit there, smiling to her self as one foot occasionally went against the dry gravel, lightly pushing and twirling herself on the swing.

After a moment of embracing the refreshing weather she remembered Patrick was also going to be finished with his scenes that were shot in the house, but she couldn't quite remember if he stayed back at the set of the indoors or if he came along. Being to too busy admiring the wondrous new country around her and all, she didn't care to talk to anyone.

She was looking down at the floor at the same time as the first flash of lightening occured, a loud boom following it just moments later. Before she knew it it was drizzling, which easily evolved into rain.

"Vera, what the hell are you doing?" He barked, Vera quickly looked over to Patrick in a startle, surprised to see a large smile play at the corners of his mouth. Patrick was still in his tan colored coat and black gloves, standing at the very corner of the white tent that was set up against the wall of the house.

Vera only smiles and shrugs, getting up and off of her swing in a skip and later twirling around in the continuous rainfall, "Vera," Patrick sighs, "get under here, what's James going to think?"

"Stop thinking about what James would say," Vera finally says in a laugh, "were here to have fun."

"I don't think we're getting paid to prance out in the rain," Patrick scolds, looking over to his right to find one of the crew members telling him that they'll be ready to have him in the dressing room in 10. Patrick simply nods in response, his eyes never leaving Vera as she continued to laugh and play in the rain.

"Since when do you choose work over fun?" Vera smirks after a while, facing him. Patrick shrugs, scratching his head and folding his arms as the sound of the rain on the tent gradually grew louder, "Come here."

"N-no thanks Vera," Patrick smiles awkwardly as he holds both of his arms out, trying his best to stop her from coming any closer.

"Please?" Vera pleads, walking up to him as she offer him a hand, "let's dance, I know you like to dance."

"It's really not my thing," Patrick says in a beknown tone, looking down into Vera's wide ocean colored eyes.

"Where is Patrick and what have you done with him?" Vera huffs, soon clasping his hand as he began to offer it hesitantly, "come on."

"Okay I'm coming," Patrick smiles, "I guess it's just water after all," his sweater vest getting all drenched while he brushed his hand through his already moistened dark hair, "but if James yells at us, again, it's all on you, got that?" Patrick chuckles, carefully spinning her before pulling her closer.

"I doubt he'd be mad at this," Vera says softly, looking up at Patrick as he was already closely looking at her with his own blue eyes, a smirk still tugging at his lips. After what felt like a few seconds of glaring she tore her gaze away uncomfortably, she's undoubtedly been in love with Patrick for god knows how long... but every time she tries to deny it or 'get over him' he always finds a way to trickle back into her heart, whether he compliments her, makes her laugh, or something as little as looking in her direction.

She was lost in her thoughts when Patrick spoke again, Vera was subconsciously leaning her head up against his chest and straightened out the moment she realized what she was doing, "Hmm?" Vera says, unsure of what he asked.

"Nevermind."

"Tell me," Vera says in the most encouraging voice she could possibly emit.

"Uh," Patrick lets out a small nervous breath and looks down at her before finally forming his sentence, his eyes growing wider as a red color began to trickle up from his neck, his face flushing pink, "I have something important to tell you, and I've been meaning to for a while but I couldn't because it would've been weird and-"

"You sure you want to tell me here?" Vera jokes, looking and twitching her face in the direction of the tent.

"No, I suppose not." he smirks, his focus maneuvering towards the camera operators and the kids, who were now exchanging giggles while watching them moderately.