Chapter 28

My hands started shivering as we both went up on stage. I had never performed anything in front of so many people which made me nervous as hell.

I assumed that Taehyung noticed my nervous self, since he took my hand on his, trying to divert my attention towards him.

And guess what... It actually worked!!

I took a deep breath and started singing.

'어느 날 달에게 길고긴 편지를 썼어
(One day, I wrote a long letter to the moon)
너 보다 환하진 않지만 작은 촛불을 켰어'
(It's not brighter than you but I lit a small candle)

All the nervousness faded away, once I started singing the song. I paused as it was now  Taehyung's turn.

'어스름한 공원에 노래하는 이름모를 새
(The nameless bird that sings in the park at dawn)
Where are you... Oh you~'

My jaw dropped after hearing him singing. His voice was exactly like V's. Soulful and deep. Does that mean he is-

'왜 울고 있는지? 여긴 나와 너 뿐인데
(Why are you crying? It's only me and you here)
Me and you... Oh you~'

He sang the lyrics while looking straight in my eyes and giving a warm smile. I just kept looking at him in amazement.

The voice that I used to listen to whenever I had my hard times, was of a person whom I may have feelings for while I have a boyfriend, who now has a fiancee.

Wow~

Once again, his voice made my heart feel a different type of comfort that I couldn't describe through words. My mind was surprisingly calmer than it should be in this situation.

I joined him again, singing the song as we both were in harmony somehow.

We kept staring at each other's eyes throughout the song. It felt just perfect being with him, right there, staring at his beautiful eyes, standing beside him. Just. Perfect.

Tf- STOP!

He loves someone else!

Sigh~

The song ended with him singing the last line before everyone started appreciating his singing skills. But surprisingly, no one asked about the resemblance of his and V's voice.

_

Hoseok and Yoongi were on the stage, singing a Japanese song 'Otsukare', which I never heard of but was really cool to listen to. They were dancing weirdly but it was fun to watch them enjoy.

"You never told me that you have a secret identity in this world." I asked the guy beside me as I raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't know that you fell in love with my voice. Otherwise, I would have been there to help you sleep every night." He winked and I whacked his arm while blushing really hard.

*TAEHYUNG'S POV*

I smirked when she hit my arm while her face flushed red like a tomato.

Aww~

I wonder if she would be embarrassed like this if I strip that dress off her-

Shut up, Taehyung!

But the way she was trying to hide her face, which of course she couldn't, made me wanna embrace her in my arms and protect her from any harm to her and her beautiful soul.