Chapter 19

We came to a restaurant for lunch as neither of us can cook for our lives. We ordered our meals and were waiting for the food to arrive.

"I have a boyfriend." she suddenly spoke, pursing her lips while looking down at her hands.

"I know. It's Jungkook, right? Namjoon hyung told me." I responded.

She slowly nodded. And the atmosphere got awkwardly silent.

Soon, the waiter arrived with our orders before placing it on the table.

Her eyes immediately lit up, looking at the food in front of her. I silently chuckled.

She is definitely crazy for food.

We were silently eating until she asked, "So, are you gonna tell me why you suddenly left the school?"

I almost choked on my food.

I took a glass of water and gulped it down. Taking a deep breath, I answered.

"Remember, when my mom visited my house?" I asked and she nodded.

"That time, she came with the news that my father was not doing well in his book publishing business. He had many loans that were needed to be paid soon. Mom and dad were unable to pay the loans and thus, had to give up the house that I was living in."

I saw her eyes soften after hearing that.

I gave her a smile to lighten up the atmosphere a bit and she weakly smiled back.

"Why didn't you tell me all this at that time?" she asked.

"I wanted to tell you Y/n, but I didn't want to hurt you."

"So you think, your sudden disappearance from my life didn't hurt me?"

I was speechless. I couldn't look up at her eyes. Did I hurt her that much?

My heart ached to look at the sight in front of me. She was on the urge of crying and I was the reason for it.

I will never be the right one for her. She will be happy with Jungkook.

"I'm sorr-"

"Taehyungie?"

I looked over at the person who just cut my words in between.

"Eomma?" My eyes went wide. "What are you doing here?"

"Shouldn't I ask you that?" She said while coming towards us.

"You are out with a girl? Didn't you said you will never date anyone."

She gasped. "Did you already gave up on y/-" She stopped when she looked over at Y/n.

"Wait.. Is this Y/n?" my mom got excited, looking at the girl in front of me.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Kim." Y/n smiled and bowed at her.

"Aigoo~ I told you to call me Eomma." she said, pulling Y/n into a hug.

"I almost didn't recognize you, Y/n. You've grown up so much and got more pretty~" Y/n smiled sweetly at my mom's comment.

At least my mom can make her happy.

"By the way, when did you both start dating?" Mom asked, making me and Y/n look at each other in shock.

"A-Aniyo, eomm-"

"Oh my~ I'm so sorry to disturb your date. I'll be waiting at home Taehyungie. Bring her home later, this evening." my mom said looking at me and giving me a wink before leaving the restaurant.

What the hell is wrong with her today??

I looked back at Y/n and gave a nervous smile. I quickly stuffed some food in my mouth before she could ask anything else.

_

*Y/N's POV*

We almost reached Taehyung's house as her mom asked us to. It was nice seeing her again after so many years.

She reminds me of my parents. But more likely, she makes me feel like she is my other parent.

I know I shouldn't think like this but my parents don't care about me anymore. They are busy with their business and work. They never ask how I am doing. Or am I eating well. Honestly, I don't even know how parents actually treat their child, anymore.

The car stopped, making me come back to my senses from my un-necessary thoughts. I looked outside the window and saw there was a house.

Wait. Let me re-phrase that.

There was a beautiful house.

My eyes just got purified with the beauty of it

I looked over at Taehyung, who was sitting at the driving seat, beside me. He was biting his nails, lost in his thoughts. I slapped his hand away and he flinched, slowly looking over at me.

"Why are you biting your nails?" I asked him.

"I'm nervous." he answered and brought his hand near his mouth again. Before he could start biting his nails again, I took his hand and held it away from him so that he won't try to bite it again.

"Why are you nervous? Isn't this your house?" I questioned.

"Yes, it is. But my mom seemed like she is planning something crazy in her mind, earlier. And she also thinks that we are dating ."

"Don't worry, maybe you're just over-thinking." I said holding his hand tighter.

He looked up at me and locked his eyes on mine. His stare was giving shivers to my entire soul. I couldn't take my eyes away from his. As if it was the place my eyes always wanted to wander, forever.

He was the first one to turn his eyes away and remove his hands from mine before unlocking his seat belt. I followed him and unlocked mine.

He told me to wait and went outside. Running towards my side, he unlocked the door like a gentleman. I giggled.

"You don't need to do these formalities, Tae." I said, getting out before heading towards the main door with him.

He rang the doorbell and a lady, dressed like a maid, opened the door. She bowed at us and went inside again. Taehyung gestured me to step inside first and I obeyed.

I followed him to the living room and saw Mrs. Kim talking with a lady who was sitting on the couch.

"Taehyung, Y/n, come here." Mrs. Kim said, gesturing to sit on the couch that was on the opposite side.

We went near them and bowed.

"Taehyungie, Y/n; this is Mrs. Jung." we bowed to the lady. 

"Mrs. Jung; this is Taehyung, my son. And Y/n, my daughter-in-law."