Chapter Twenty-One.

Start from the beginning

She leaned against the counter, her arms crossed over her chest. School was over a week and half ago and she couldn't have been anymore happier. She was friendless but what much would she have with friends if she couldn't be able to spend any time with them after Zane's here. Maybe it's for the best right now.

But now, she has to spend the next months and half pregnant in the summer heat.

She got in the shower then dressed.

~

After having a little trouble button her jeans, Lillian frowned into Ryan's mother, Meredith, mirror. "I look like a whale.", she said, slapping her hands against her thighs. "And I just noticed my first stretch mark!"

Meredith chuckled, "That's what cocoa butter for, darling. Morning and night, we'll pick some up after dinner.", she said. "I can't wait to meet your mother and sister."

Lillian nodded and turned on her side, "How much more pregnant could I look? Am I suppose to be this big?"

"Your just big in your eyes.", she said. "You're normal, Lillian. Come on, let do your hair."

~

Lillian was biting down on her nails when she looked up at the clock in the Italian restaurant. Her mother and sister were fifteen minutes late and she was afraid they wouldn't show up. She looked at Ryan and his parents with, "I'm sorry their late, lets just orders.", she said, grabbing her menu. "Mmm, the chicken and spinach alfredo sounds real good."

"Do you want to give your mother and sister a call one last try?'" Meredith asked.

Lillian shrugged, "Their probably just in traffic, they'll want us to start so we won't starve.", she said. Even though her mom and sister weren't like her father to disown her. but they didn't talk to her much either. Pretty much avoided her the best they could. She felt like her whole family was falling apart.

"Okay." she said.

Five minutes passed until the little bell of the restaurant dinged and Lillian turned her head, breathing in relief to see her sister and mom finally making it. They told the waiter they were with Lillian, Ryan, and his parents. He brought them over and they sat down.

"Sorry.", Lillian mom said. "Car wouldn't start."

"That's okay.", Ryan dad said. "If it happens again, I wouldn't mind checking it. I'm good with cars."

"Thanks.", she said. "Well, it's nice to meet you both.", she said, holding her hand out towards Ryan dad and mom. "Jennifer Monroe and this is Cassandra.".

Meredith smile and shook Lillian's mom hand, "Yeah, it finally is. You have such beautiful daughters.".

"Thanks.", her mom said, then shaking Ryan's dad hand. "Nice to meet you, Chris."

"Pleasure meeting you too.", he said.

Lillian mom and sister order their drinks and dinner soon.

Lillian leaned into Cassandra who was right next to her, "You talk to dad?", she whispered to her.

"I'm sorry, Lil, I tried to talk him into coming but he's stubborn though.", she said. "He'll come around soon, I'm sure.".

She leaned back and sighed, missing her dad already.

Lillian's parents and Ryan's talked about work and daily life stuff. Telling stories about Lillian and Ryan, further embarrassing both of them. But overall, everything was going well and Lillian was at least happy her mom and sister we're getting along with them.

When they had their dinner and desert, it was time to go. Lillian excused herself to the bathroom first since she drank a lot of ice tea. She went to the bathroom that had those nice sink bowls.