Chapter Twelve.

Lillian was half way up the sidewalk before she paused, rethinking this. Her stomach moved and it wasn't the baby inside her. She was a nervous wreck.

Ryan noticed she'd stopped walking because he paused a few feet away from her and turned around, looking at her confused, "What?"

She knew this day was going to come and she had to get over it. It's just his parents, she should be fine. She shook her head, "Nothing.", she said, catching up next to him and they went up the stairs.

Ryan turned to look at her and gave her a small nervous smile, "Ready for the chief of police to arrest his own son? He always said if my brothers or I got a girl pregnant before we graduate, he'll arrest us as a 'lesson'."

"He wouldn't do that...would he?" she asked, raising an eyebrow as she looked at him confused.

He shrugged, "I don't know, my two other brothers never got their girlfriends pregnant until my oldest turned twenty-one."

"I guess we'll find out." she said and he nodded.

He opened the door and she followed behind him as they went in. "Dad, I want you to meet someone." he said awkwardly and nervously as he stepped aside to show Lillian. Lillian saw him on the recliner and he looked just like an older version of Ryan with a slight bigger belly, but still pretty handsome. "This is Lillian Monroe."

She awkwardly smiled and raised her hand, "Hello, Mr. Miller."

He looked confused and got up from the chair, "Hello Lillian. Ryan, I didn't know you were dating someone new, she is pretty, but I'm surprised you didn't tell us or-".

"She's not my girlfriend." Ryan said and Lillian looked away a little as she pressed her lips together, already feeling uncomfortable.

"Oh. A partner in some class or something-"

"Also no.", he said. "Dad, I have to--where's mom? I kind of need her in here also."

"I heard my other name." his mother came out who was beautiful as ever. She looked like the housewife you would see in a magazine who was a pretty blue-eyed blonde with a great figure and was in a white sweater and black dress pants with some fancy short heels.

"Great." he said. He scratched the back of his head and cleared his throat, "Can you both sit down, please."

They looked at each other in confusion before Mr. Miller sat back down on the recliner and Mrs. Miller sat on the love seat next to him. Ryan chuckled nervously, "Dad, I know this is going to be random but have you lost weight? Mom has been complaining about all those donuts you've been eating but I can see the pounds-",

"Spit it out, Ry, don't try that bullshit with me. I know I haven't lost any damn weight." he said.

Ryan swallowed hard, "Okay. Lillian's preg-pregnant and the baby's mine." he quickly said.

His mother's hand went up to her mouth in shock and his father also did and he looked away, not happy. Lillian stuffed her hands in her hoodie pockets and looked down at her shoes. Lillian saw in the corner of her eyes Ryan was stiff and nervous waiting to hear what they had to say but moments passed and they didn't say anything.

"Dad, please say something." Ryan said.

He moved his hands and looked back at him, "What am I supposed to say? I thought you use protection, Ryan."

"I do and I did! But it broke and I know the baby's mine, I was her first." he said.

Ryan dad looked at Lillian, "Is it his?"

"Yes." Lillian said, kind of offended that he would ask her that. Lillian had never slept with anyone else; she never even had a boyfriend before. That just depressed her even more that her first wasn't even with someone she loved.