Chapter 3

Camryn POV

After dropping off the handsome guy I drove off to my place. He didnt live far from me. I called Jenny to talk to her but she texted back saying she was busy.

Busy? To busy to talk to me?  She must be at another one of her interviews. I just really wanted to rant about this sexy new kid. Whats his name? OMG I forgot to get his name.

I must've been too busy checking ho m out and flirting, that I actually forgot to ask him for his name! Waaaw, I really can't believe my self.

I was getting hungry so I went down stairs to the kitchen and prepared some food. I was having chicken wings, mashed patato, gravy and some green beans. Iturned on the t.v. to entertain me since I had nothing better to do on my phone. I flipped throught the channels but there was nothing interesting there. I sighed and turn off the t.v.

"This can't be life" said aloud to myself.

I was so hungry I was sure I could devour a house. When the food was done I didnt think there would be any leftovers. I ate all that I could. I left enough for my mother and went back to my room.

I didnt want to see her when she got home. I understand yall probably wonering why we dont get along. My mom is probably the worst mother a child could ever be stuck with. She did drugs all my life, beaten on me and my little baby sister who is no longer alive. She abused us so bad, I guess God thought it was best she went back up there with him, I dont know. When my dad was around we always went to Church. When he left I kinda fell off, I mean I was young. Mama wasnt gonna take me cuz she was busy on the streets. Anyway, if my mother loved me, she woulda stopped after she killes Maya. Maya was innocent and sweet. She looked like my mother a lot. She only picked up a few of my daddys features. Maya was my first best friend. Daddy left a two years after mom came back from rehab. When dad left, mom picked on her bad habits again. I was taken care of myself when I was onlt eight years old. Back then aunt Sandy lived next door, so I could go by for dinner and such when I was in fifth grade she moved. She got married to a rich man but they couldnt take me with them because mama would give her custody. I cried myself to sleep that night because I didnt wanna be with her. She wanted to kill me and I would be right up there with Maya. Not that it was a bad thing, but I wanted my fantasies to come true. Like a normal child, I dreamed that one day I would find my prince charming and  get married and live happily ever after.  I didnt want my mother to come home high and start beating me for asking for food or when I was sitting around doing homework. When aunt Sandy moved away she didnt stay in touch as she promised. She called in occasionally to check up on me. In middly school I met Jenny. They moved in next door to us. She was my first best friend I could actually hang out with besides Maya. Maya was really ghetto but she was like a long  lost friend. I felt like she was the only one that listened to me. She understood me so well. I did everything over at her house, it was like I lived there. I ate there, did my homework there, played there. That was my home! But then Jenny moved around the corner for a bigger house. I couldnt walk there anymore but I was flad I still be able to see Jenny. One day I got home and my mom was really sick. When I called 911 and they came and got her they rushed her to the hospital. They diagnosed her with cancer. I remember on that day I called aunt Sandy. Her and her husband came down to take care of me and help paid for hospital bills. The doctors told her that mom had gotten cancer from doing drugs and smoking. As soon as mom got better, she had not learned her lesson and up to this day shes still doing drugs "on the downlow".