[ t w e n t y - f o u r ]

Start from the beginning

"sorry.." i gave her a pout and faced front to look at shownu who was at the field.

his tanned skin was showing and it was making his body look healthier. he was sweating intensely, but still kept his head in the game. indeed, shownu's focus and determination was unmatched.

i really liked seeing that side of him.

"tell me honestly, you were thinking about how jooheon pulled you into an embrace earlier, aren't you?" yujin went straight to the point.

i released a deep sigh and nodded my head to confirm it.

"and you're wondering why he would do that. because of the people's reactions, you're also really flustered." she added.

again, she was right about those things.

"well to tell you honestly, i did get a bit shocked when i saw jooheon do such bold thing to you infront of many people. i don't think i'm buying his excuse that he'll supposedly go ahead and hug me and minhyuk afterwards, too."

"really? then what do you think?" i asked.

"i don't know. i really don't wanna assume things because jooheon is our friend, but i wouldn't deny the fact that it also got me thinking if he likes you." yujin spoke.

i swallowed hard and brought my head down low.

"no... let's not get to that. i don't think jooheon would have that sort of feelings for me. it's a bit far-fetched, and i don't wanna have an awkward relationship between the four of us." i shook my head.

"alright.. that would be best." yujin agreed.

_________________________________

the second day of sportsfest came by quickly. on that day, yujin and i barely got chance to hang out with jooheon and minhyuk because they had more games to compete in which led to them being part of the finals.

thankfully, because we were the eldest batch in high school, our players had more advantage when it came to competing with the younger ones. thus, we were winning most of the major sports events.

finally, all students were gathered right now to celebrate the third and final day of sportsfest which was all about the awarding ceremony.

we were seated on the bleachers and there was barely enough space for most students. it was really crowded and hot which started to make me sweaty. however, i focused on trying to calm my mind so that i could stay still and lessen the hot feeling.

"the awards ceremony really makes me sleepy." yujin spoke as she opened her mouth to yawn.

i looked around us and noticed that her case wasn't the only one. surely, every time the student body was gathered like this, everyone around us would try to sleep while the program was ongoing.

i can't deny that i was also tempted to do the same, but this time, i wanted to pay full attention and give my support to shownu, minhyuk, and jooheon whenever their team would be called on stage to receive their awards.

"alright! another one for the major events, let's proceed to men's basketball!" the speaker announced.

i straightened up upon hearing it, and nudged yujin to get to her senses.

"2nd runner-up, goes to... the 9th grade!" they first announced.

the basketball players of the 9th grade started going up the stage to receive their bronze medals. apart from that, they also received a round of applause.

"1st runner-up goes to... the boys of the 11th grade!"

the crowd did another cheer.

"and finally, for this year's champion! it's no other than... the 12th grade!! congratulations!" the speaker gave her all when it came to announcing the winner.