[ e i g h t e e n ]

Jung Soo Yi

i walked out of my classroom after classes were finally done. lunch time came, and as promised, it was time for me to hang out with yujin at the cafeteria where we could eat a good meal.

"did your mixed fruits satisfy you?" yujin teased me.

"haha, shut up." i chuckled and continued to walk out of the hallways with her.

we finally reached the cafeteria, and i began looking around for signs of shownu. we successfully completed the homework a while ago and i thought that we had great teamwork. maybe he'd consider me as a good study buddy someday and that would be easier for me to grow closer to him.

thinking of it just made my heart flutter.

i got myself fried chicken with rice from one of my favorite lunch stalls and went ahead to sit on our table to start eating.

"wahh, this pork tonkatsu is amazing!" yujin exclaimed.

"please give me a piece!" i tried to ask.

"swap! give me a part of your chicken meat then!" she negotiated.

i happily agreed and we were both able to taste each other's food. sharing food with yujin was really great because she was a generous friend.

"did you see the new dessert stall? it's over there." yujin pointed out to me.

i turned my head to the side and started searching for the new stall with my eyes. the moment i saw it, i was able to see a good number of students flocking their area.

"their churros are sooo good! the marshmallows dipped in chocolate fondue is a must-try, too! they add toppings of your choice!" she recommended.

"i'm so happy the school allowed their stall to open here. sweets just give me so much joy!" she smiled.

"i want to try their food, too.." i pouted.

i turned my head back infront to eat another spoonful of rice. i slowly looked ahead as i chewed my food and to my surprise, i was suddenly able to spot jooheon and minhyuk from afar.

"oh, it's jooheon and minhyuk.." i spoke.

yujin turned her head to see, and upon seeing them, we both watched them heading towards the new stall that sold desserts.

"oh? i saw them buy some snacks there this recess. maybe they're going for another round of desserts." yujin chuckled.

_______________________________

as soon as yujin and i finished eating, we both got back to the high school building together.

"soo yi-ah, i have to prepare for a skit with my group right now. i'll catch up with you dismissal time, alright?" yujin said.

"oh alright! go ahead." i smiled and let her go first so she could meet her groupmates.

i slowly walked around the building on my own until i eventually reached the basketball court where jooheon and minhyuk would usually hang out.

upon entering the place, i immediately found them eating the snacks that they bought on the bleachers rather than playing some basketball.

"jung soo yi!" jooheon quickly caught sight of me and started waving his hand from afar.

i smiled at the sight of him being so warm and friendly, so i decided to walk towards them two and sit on the bleacher that was right on top of them.

"hi!" i greeted them as i made my way up the bleachers. i quickly sat down and crossed my legs.

"have you tried these?" jooheon turned his head and asked me.