5. The Honeymoon Dance

When he passionately dances with his wife. The woman he supposedly hates. (S6, E33)  

"Bheegi bheegi si hai raatein bheegi bheegi

Yaadein bheegi bheegi baatein bheegi bheegi

Aankhon mein kaisi nami hai,

Aa ha ha ha ... aa ha

Sapnon ka saya palkon pe aaya

Pal mein hasaya pal mein rulaya

Phir bhi yeh kaisi kami hai

Aa ha ha ha ... aa ha

Na jaane koi kaisi hai yeh zindagani, zindagani

Hamari adhuri kahani."

The nights are drenched, so are the memories, the conversations. My eyes are strangely damp. A shadow of my dreams flashed before my eyes. It made me laugh, it made me cry. And yet, there's something missing. No one knows what this life is. The one of our incomplete story.

---

This is the song that ran in my head when I watched them dance, painfully similar to way they danced when they were deep in love, in their Teri Meri. The steps are hauntingly same, but the emotions are vastly different.

For me in this moment Khushi is taken aback at her own feelings. She was so sure she had killed every memory, every feeling of that fateful night when he had danced straight from her fantasies into her heart. And boy she was wrong - those feelings rose back with a vengeance.

And for Arnav, it's funny how the dance almost seems like a move to claim Khushi for himself, to exercise his possessive right over her in front of that vile Snake.

Once they start dancing though, everything fades away apart from the burning intensity they have for each other. This is something private. It's the thin line between love and lust that they have always walked on.

His eyes are sharp yet intoxicated, drinking her face like nothing else. Her body is soft, and fluid, melting at his slightest touch. The wonder never leaves her eyes, neither does the sudden hunger.

Although the idea of the Delhi main Bali and Snake giving her roses *ewww, why didn't she make an excuse!!!* and a part of me really wished that Khushi wore a pink saree instead of a salwar (she carries those so well - in that sexy, naive way!), and I wish that Snake disappeared from the planet - this dance was worth it.

The contrast between Akash Payal's honeymoon night versus theirs does provide some much needed comic relief, it's in the little moments such as a lit matchstick or them sharing a couch that kinda shows that the after effects of the dance lingered long in their heads.

Would I have been happier to have seen them directly carry out the palpable tension and angst that simmered during the dance to the privacy of their room? YES

Would that be possible on Indian television? Probably no

Do I respect the writers' decision? Yes

Is this a perfect combination of angst and sexual tension? Heck yeah, why do you think I'm writing this!

Why do I love this scene - it has everything synonymous to Arnav and Khushi; the angst, passion, conflicted emotions and a hope that the fire hadn't dimmed out.

*totally fanned myself and mentally thought that they were gonna blow up in flames or sexual frustration or the angsty thing of this whole situation at this point*