Chapter 8: Pulled Duet

Start from the beginning

"On the contrary, you all left except for Maddie, Chloe and their mothers, they stayed even though Mackenzie was under the weather!" Abby snapped.

"Holly, you know what? Nia can go with us and you stay at home, that would be all right with us!" Shane added.

"The last time i sent Nia with the both of you, you grilled me to no end. I was not only finished, but done and i mean well done." Holly responded, referring to the time that she had sent Nia with them because she had to work before she left her job and Abby and Shane gave her grief over it.

"To be honest, she needs to grow up and stop being immature." Abby realistically stated.

"You or your son couldn't walk in her shoes when she could not walk!" Holly said.

"Seriously, are we on the feet again?" Shane groaned.

"Yes, because that is who she is! She does not use a crutch, but however, she does have some real pain every now and then."

"But is there any injury though?" Abby asked Holly.

"It's real--"

"Holly, my mom is about this close to pulling the duet." Shane warned as Kelly, Paige and Nia groaned, knowing that Holly was not gonna stop griping to them and that was likely gonna get the duet pulled. Shane was clearly not having it and neither was Abby.

"No, she has to do the duet to prove to you and your mother that she is capable of dancing well through the pain." Holly said to Shane.

"We get that memo, but your mouth is ugly, woman." Abby snidely told Holly.

"Well at least i'm not a monstrosity of evil like you and do you know who's an even bigger monstrosity of evil, a particular 17 year old with long hair you call a son! You want to talk about ugliness!"

There was a quiet pause at what Holly had just said as Abby and Shane's faces contorted into anger as Lauren and Skye hid behind one of the chairs.

"Uh-oh." Kelly gulped, knowing that Holly had just went there.

"Yikes." Melissa and Christi both commented.

"Holly's about to be in a world of trouble." Maddie stated.

"Yeah." Chloe agreed.

"It's one thing to insult Miss Abby, but when you insult Shane, Lauren and/or Skye, she's not gonna let you hear the end of it." Brooke said.

"That does it, you're done." Shane growled as he and Abby both got up. "This duet isn't happening! You think we're monstrosities of evil, we'll show you evil."

"Insult my son, will you? " Abby added as they exited the dressing room.

"You all know three years ago, i didn't know if my daughter could walk again, she's survived worse than this!" Holly began ranting. "And those two have the nerve to make fun of her by making a mockery out if it and that isn't right

"Holly, let it go." Skye said.

"If i let it go, then i'm letting your mother and your brother walk over me. I'm here to defend my daughter when those two think they know, but they don't!"

"Paige, to let you know, Abby and her son are pulling the duet because of Holly getting into a fight with them." Kelly informed.

"I was ready to do the duet." Nia told Holly.

"I told them that you were ready to dance and prove there were no problems with your foot and that you can dance and that's why you're walking and doing what you're doing." Holly said to Nia as Abby and Shane came back in.