Chapter two: Homeroom

The woman blew her whistle in hopes it'd quiet them down, although the cafeteria only seemed to get louder with a burst of conversation. Her second attempt included her lifting her open palm into the air, a few adults spread around the cafeteria joined her while shushing the tables closest to them. "What are we? Fourth graders?" Cooper mumbled, keeping his hand tucked under his arm above the table. He huffed when Travis eagerly raised his hand and when Carson lifted his forearm from where his elbow was rested on the table.

This surprisingly shut the room up aside from the few kids whispering to each other around the room. The woman cleared her throat, pulling the microphone close to her mouth. "Good morning everyone!" She greeted, her voice high pitched and a little annoying. Most of the room greeted her back in unison, a few later than others. "My name is Ms. Pokimane, and I'm the principal here at SMPLive. I'd like to give a warm welcome to all of you..." Cooper tuned the rest of her out, assuming the next few minutes would be welcoming and expectation listing. Instead he turned his attention to the schedule he'd stuffed into his hoodie pocket earlier that morning. He'd gotten it a few weeks prior at their grades orientation and he already spotted a few classes he needed to switch. Both ROTC and dance were completely different things. At least Cooper thought so, he hadn't had either before. But they were the classes taking the same period number only on different days. He only hoped they'd have class changes sooner than later. He didn't want to end up buying the uniforms for both classes only to be switched to a different one.

Travis leaned into him, studying the paper in Cooper's hands. Cooper offered his paper to him, grabbing Travis's as they exchanged. "Hm...Looks like we only have world history together...Oh and homeroom!" Travis held his schedule up next to Cooper's, the first row lining up with each other, the printed name "Mr. Sky" looking back at them. "I also have him for art!" Travis said, pointing to the row a little ways from homeroom. Cooper hummed, looking from the papers and at Carson, who was scarcely listening to what Ms. Pokimane was saying, and instead watching them compare schedules. Carson smiled when Cooper looked at him and reached down and dug through his bag, pulling his schedule out and slid it across the table.

Cooper picked it up and handed it to Travis, who set Cooper's down and compared it to his own. "Which teacher is a stoner?" Cooper whispered to Carson over the table, referencing their previous conversation. "Hm why? Are you gonna become smoking buddies?" Carson chuckled, Cooper joined him after rolling his eyes, but quickly shut his mouth when a teacher shushed them both, holding a finger towards their mouth. Cooper gave him an odd look, slowly turning his head back to Carson, who shrugged in return. They both jumped when the whistle was blown, the cafeteria bursting with noise one again. They were releasing the students in columns and their column was first. They got up, Cooper pulling one of the straps to his backpack over his shoulder and watched as Travis passed Carson his schedule from over the table. As they walked towards the exit door Travis mumbled to him and Carson. "So...where are we going?" He asked, before being pushed into the metal pole dividing the two doors. "WhAu-"

——

Cooper watched as Travis rubbed his forehead, Carson laughing at him from his left. "It isn't funny!" Travis whined at Carson, who only started laughing harder when he pulled his hand away only to see a red mark. "Let's go boys, get to homeroom." A teacher from behind them said as she unlocked the door to the gym. Possibly a coach, Cooper thought as they picked up the pace and walked into the building the sidewalk was leading them to. "So what? We just find our home rooms now?" Cooper asked Carson, as they made their way through the doorway. "Yeah. Mine is on the first floor so I'll be seeing you guys." Carson said holding up a hand as a lazy wave as he followed a few students up the stairs.

"Well it's just me and you now Trav." Cooper said turning towards Travis who grinned. "Mhm! Now...Let's go find room 103..." He said, scanning the surrounding walls for room numbers. "You already remembered the room number? I can't even remember what class I have for second period..." Cooper admitted. Travis laughed, as he shrugged "you'll remember your schedule by the end of the week." Travis paused. "By the look of it, our home room is at the very end of the hallway."

"Alright then, let's get going."

—-

"What the hell is this guy saying" Cooper mumbled to Travis from their spot in the corner of the room. "He sounds like you after you smoke." Travis laughed loudly, no one paying him any attention. Cooper glared at him, but smiled anyway. "Well I guess now we know who the stoner teacher is" Cooper mumbled, watching as Mr. Sky lazily gave them instructions. From what Cooper could understand they were passing around a piece of paper to write their locker numbers and codes down so they could use it when they eventually forget it.

After a few moments of silence, Mr. Sky started telling some story about his old group of friends who apparently "disbanded"

"Like the Beatles?"

"Exactly like the Beatles!"

Cooper rolled his eyes, listening into the conversation as he wrote down his ID number, locker number and code. He turned and passed it to a guy who looked like your average John. "Thanks." Cooper nodded and turned back to Travis, who was writing on the desk. "First day and you're already vandalizing school property?" He asked, amused. "Rather sooner than later...Or whenever, I just like writing on the desks." Travis giggles, returning to his crudely drawn dog.

A/N: That's the end of the second chapter! It's a little slow but I assure you it will pick up in the next chapters.

I have a question for y'all (whoever actually reads the a/n ) Would y'all rather me skip to let's say a week into school when they're relatively settled in, or write about their progress?