A Very MindCrack Christmas

Beef glanced around Spawn and sighed. It didn't look like Christmas around here at all. And there were only a few days left until the holiday. What a pity.

 He checked his com watch. No one else was around. Well, it looked like it was up to him to bring a proper Christmas to the MindCrack this year. Turning and heading back to Oxeye, he half-grinned. He was going to need spruce leaves. Lots and lots of spruce leaves.

~~~

 Guude checked his inventory, making sure he had everything ready. There were gold and redstone blocks, cobwebs, enough chests to crash a server, signs... And a few carefully prepared presents. He checked his watch. No one was on. Oh well. At least he wouldn't have to hide from anyone.

~~~

 Hauling the cow along, Avidya made his way to Spawn. It had been a while since he had set up one of his milk stops, but... Maybe the holidays were a good time for a new one. A really festive one. With cookies.

~~~

 Vechs hurried through Spawn on his way to work on the road. Hard to believe the server still looked like this the day before Christmas. True, people hadn't really been around much, but that was no reason to not decorate, was it? To not hand out presents? Everyone needed a really fantastic present for Christmas. Something perfect for each person...

 He was going to need a lot of exp... And the perfect names... But presents weren't going to make themselves, so he'd better get on it.

 There was a grinder in the End. It would do.

~~~

 Christmas dawned and everyone's com watches went wild. At least four separate messages came in all at once.

 Confused, MindCrackers started to drift into Spawn, looking around in a daze at the Christmas scene that met their eyes.

 The day before, Spawn had been the same as always. Nice, but nothing particularly special. Today a beautiful Christmas tree had been set up near the center of spawn and a huge number of presents were tucked beneath it, each carefully labelled for a specific person. Next to the tree, a small, tropical style shack had been set up, decorated with Christmas lights and inhabited by a single cow. A sign on the shack read, 'Free Drinks, Christmas Only'.

 Someone had set up a giant lava display with words reading 'Merry Christmas' in a stone structure that looked as if it could be a giant Christmas card. If you squinted and crossed your eyes a bit.

 A chest of Christmas cards had been left near the tree as well. There was at least one for everyone. As the day went on, though, more seemed to appear, left by various MindCrackers.

 Everyone agreed it had been a wonderful Christmas as they drifted home well after midnight, bearing presents, both prankish and legitimate, and Christmas cards from their friends.

 Beef was among the last to leave, sitting and watching the tree's redstone, glowstone, and prismarine lights twinkle in the dark. Guude and Avidya were still drinking glasses of milk. Vechs was running around sporadically, alternately picking up gift wrapping and fighting imaginary monsters.

 "I'm assuming the stand was you, Avidya," Beef said.

 Avidya nodded and took another sip. "And the tree? You, Guude?"

 Guude shook his head and gestured to the streamers and banners hung between buildings around the square. "That was me. The tree and most of the presents were someone else."

 "I did the tree," Beef replied. "But the presents... Santa Claus, I guess?"

 Avidya shrugged. "Whoever it was, they knew just what to give us," he said, inspecting his new leather jacket, carefully emblazoned with a dyed yin-yang symbol.

 Suddenly Guude straightened up. "Wait a second. I know who did it!" Avidya and Beef turned to look at him, questioning him with their eyes. "Only one person didn't get a present today. Hey Vechs, get over here."

 Sheepishly, Vechs looked up at the trio. "Dang it," he laughed. "So close."

 They all burst out laughing. It really had been one of the best MindCrack Christmases.

A/N: Hey guys. Merry Christmas! I really don't know if MindCrack is actually doing anything for Christmas. If they are, I've been watching the wrong videos. Anyway, I just wanted to write this for you all to have something for Christmas. Enjoy the holidays!
~ Rook