"I'll try, I have missed the house cooked meal." He pauses, "Are you heading out?"

Just on cue my phone rings and I notice that it's James. I don't receive the call as I look at Carrack. "Yes, James is probably waiting for me outside."

A huge smile splits on his face as he hears me say that. "You know I was scared initially when I decided on getting you two married, but I just knew in my heart that something about you is good for my son."

His words warm my heart and I don't even know how to respond to him. James and I have put up a very good image in front of everyone, so no one even suspects that we didn't get along until a month ago. I don't want to burst his bubble so I just give him a smile.

"Thanks, Carrack. I'm going to head out now." I say as my phone starts ringing again, making me roll my eyes as I reach the foyer.

His car is parked in the driveway with him leaning against it. Sometimes I genuinely forget how filthy rich he is to be driving around a Tesla. I haven't seen him since morning, because when I woke up, he was already gone and called me just a while back.

He's wearing a rugged dark denim jeans and a black button down with sleeves rolled up. His outfit makes me realise that I'm really glad I went ahead with this casual dress and didn't overdo anything. When he looks up from his phone, his eyes meet mine and I walk towards him.

"You didn't pick up." He says, gesturing towards my phone.

"I ran into Carrack."

He nods and then gets his weight off the car as he walks towards the passenger seat to open the door for me and I slide in as he walks towards the driver's door and gets in.

"Are you still not going to tell me where we are going?" I ask as he takes my bag from the lap before putting it in the backseat.

"Nope." He smirks and I try to hide my smile. He looks so cocky when he smirks but I actually absolutely love any expression on his face as long as it's not him getting pissed.

"That's not fair, you know?"

He shakes his head at me amusedly as he backs out of the driveway. I give up trying because I know he really wouldn't tell me where we are going.

"You can connect your phone if you want to put on some music, or use mine, it's already connected." He says, making me take a mental pause.

He's trusting my choice of music? Wow. I nod before connecting my phone and look at him. "Any particular demands?" I open the apple music in my phone as I look at him, waiting for his response.

"Mmm, not in particular. Play whatever you wanna play."

I put one of my favourite songs on play and he immediately smiles, looking at me, "Classic, huh?"

There's something so casual yet pleasant about the way he gave me that look it warms my cheeks. The Way You Look Tonight plays in the background. My playlist continues to play on shuffle as James drives for another fifteen minutes.

He finally parks his car and I look at our surroundings. It looks like a driveway of huge house and there are some old people sitting in the front yard. I know by now that he likes to open the door for me, so I look at him as he gets out and makes his way to passenger door before opening it for me.

"Where are we?" I ask, my voice quiet because people are already looking at us by now.

"Patience isn't your best streak, is it?"