Chapter Seven: Sparks Fly

Start from the beginning

Bella laughed quietly and took the dress into the changing rooms. Bella quickly stripped and pulled on the dress. It was a royal blue dress, short sleeve and it ended in the middle of Bella's thighs. Bella opened the change room door and Alice gasped.

"It's absolutely perfect!" Alice said.

"Alice, when would I ever wear it?" Bella asked. She agreed with Alice; it did look nice on her.

"You'll wear it. I know it. Besides, Edward's favourite color is royal blue," Alice remarked. Bella was about to close the change room door when she heard Edward's name.

"What does this have to do with Edward?" Bella asked, a little shocked.

"I see the way you look at him Bella, and the way he looks at you. I haven't seen him look at someone like that since he first met.." Alice trailed off. Bella knew exactly who Alice was talking about.

Bella quickly changed back into her clothes and Alice paid for the dress. They walked out of the store when a small jewelry store caught the sight of Bella's eye.

"Do you have any cash?" Bella asked Alice. Alice handed her two hundred dollar bills and Bella walked into the store.

Her eyes quickly scanned the store, trying to find what she looking for. Bella's eyes finally spotted what she was looking for. A gold charm bracelet for Renesmee. It was perfect. But she couldn't just by the bracelet, she had to buy at least one charm to go with it.

Bella scooped up a little snowflake charm. It reminded her of Renesmee. Delicate and beautiful. Bella quickly went to the cashier and paid. He wrapped it in a small silver box and handed it to Bella. Bella rushed out of the store and back to Alice, who was sitting on a bench.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" she asked standing up. Bella nodded, with a grin

They walked back to the underground parking, got in the car and sped home. Bella got out of the car and was greeted by Renesmee. Bella laughed and hugged her back. She took her inside and Jacob quickly took Renesmee from her. Bella sniffed, trying to locate Edward. He was upstairs. Bella zipped up the stairs and saw Edward. He was in a room, sitting on a chair looking out a ginormous door. He was watching Renesmee and Jacob play.

"How do you stand to have him around her?" Bella asked, entering the room. Edward sat up and smiled at the presence of Bella. She was wearing a black button up top, black jeans and black boots. Her hair bounced of her shoulders when she walked towards him and sat beside him.

"I don't really have a say in that matter, unfortunately," Edward said with a sigh as he pushed a bronze curl away from his eyes.

"You're her father, of course you have a say," Bella said, her eyebrows creasing in confusion. Edward chuckled.

"Jacob has imprinted on Renesmee," Edward said bluntly.

"Imprinted?" Bella asked.

"Jacob has chosen his mate, which is Renesmee. He will do anything for her and be anything for her. He's basically in love with her, and there's nothing I can do about it," Edward said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

A silent 'oh' escaped Bella's lips. "She's only days old, though." Bella said.

"He will wait until she's fully grown, which will be in a few years."

Bella placed her hand on Edward's shoulder and felt something shock her. Edward must've felt it too, because he looked up at her with his dazzling eyes. Could Edward shock people? 'No, that's absurd,' Bella thought to herself. Then it clicked. Her mother had described this when she was younger.