____

That same morning, Kathy and Charlie sat together in her room, sharing a plate of breakfast while playing a game of cards.

"There's something you should know," Charlie spoke up, causing Kathy to turn to him with a smile on her face, "I have selected Lena, Catherine's lady, to marry."

"Good," Kathy replied, a forced smile on her face, "I'm happy for you."

"Well, you were the one to suggest it," Charlie pointed out, noticing that despite having a smile on her face, Kathy was trying to hide that she was upset, "After all, it's not like we can marry. Your father will never allow it, neither would Harry."

"I'm not upset. I'm happy for you," Kathy confessed, a playful smile on her face, "Perhaps you will grow to love this foreign beauty."

"I doubt it," Charlie replied, letting out a large scoff as he placed one of his cards down, "It doesn't matter who I marry, you shall be the only one to ever to truly have my heart."

Charlie placed his cards down and moved closer to Kathy, causing the princess to smile as she did the same.

He began to lean forward, only to suddenly freeze when Kathy gagged. She quickly placed a hand over her mouth and ran to another part of the room.

She bent forward, throwing up into her chamber pot.

Charlie stood up from his seat and slowly walked over to Marie, looking concerned. "I don't recall ever having that type of effect on women before," He jokingly commented, causing Kathy to turn to him with an annoyed look.

"Shut up, Charlie. This isn't funny," She glared at him and Charlie lifted his hands in surrender.

"Are you unwell? Should I—" He began to ask and her eyes wide, Kathy quickly shook her head.

"No, no, no. It's most likely something I ate, but you should go," She encouraged him and Charlie gave her a concerned look, "Can you go? Please?"

Charlie sighed in defeat and nodded his head. With a hesitant look on his face, he left the room and Kathy watched him go, feeling uneasy.

____

For her evening meal, Marie sat at the long, empty table in the dining room, across from Henry.

While he ate his food without a care in the world, Marie remained in place, feeling uneasy about the whole ordeal.

With an annoyed look on her face, she picked up her glass of wine and took a sip. However, the moment she heard Henry quietly laugh, she turned to him with a questioning look on her face.

"Why is it that you smile, Your Grace?" She asked the man, a puzzled look on her face, "Have I done something worth laughing at?"

"I smile, because we're both clearly having such a splendid time of it," Henry replied in a sarcastic manner and Marie smiled slightly.

"Tell me about it," She muttered under her breath as she took a large sip of her wine.

"When one is king, one dines for many reasons with many guests–for politics, to gain intelligence, to push a truce..." he trailed off, gesturing toward her, "To pursue a bride."

Marie gulped, remaining silent as she continued to stare at him calmly.

Henry sighed, staring down at his plate of food with a disappointed look on his face. "I'm not unfamiliar with the sensation of this table growing longer nor the food growing more tasteless upon the plate."