||Shot 2: Until you breathe||

Začít od začátku

“Mom, she said…. She doesn’t love me!” Curiosity urgency in her voice, the sight of her frightened face, he had to tell his mother truth about his distress, he stammers while speaking up.

“Huh! You confessed so soon. What would you expect someone who you not seen for ten years suddenly proposes to you? That’s crazy. Poor girl! Must be scared as hell.” Surprise apparent in her voice.

“I never thought it would scare her.” Whispered Sanskar.

“Give her some time to accept this San. The harder you push her, the harder she’s going to push back. Act like normal before her, if she has feelings for you she’ll realize with time.” He let a deep breath. His mother is right. His confession was too sudden for her to accept.

“You are the best mother in the world.” He embraced her.

“That what every son says to mothers.” She said wriggling out from his hug.

“But you are special.” He pecks peck on her forehead.

Detaching, from his hug, she shoves him. “Stop buttering me, go to your Juliet.”

However, he had no idea what to do, from where to start.

****

It took him a week to call her.  He could not let him do so, no matter how much he tried to. Those seven days were hard for him. The fact she doesn’t love him as he does, scorched him with a discomfiture. His mother's words impacted him, she needs time to grasp, he gave her. Not anymore, hardly enough ten years segregated from her.

After thinking a lot, he finally decides to call her. Hearing her phone chime, she saw the caller ID. Comprehending a lot, whether to pick the call or not, she finally had to take it. Her breath hitched. Voice she longed to hear, a gust of emotions vanquished them.

Only their breaths could be heard overcall.

“San…” Ultimately, it was Swara who spoke up.  Nevertheless, words dried up on her throat.

“Sorry Swara, I don’t know what came over me.” Mumbled Sanskar over the phone.

There was a brief silence. The turbulence of emotions rising within her-dread, dismay, and concern. “It’s ok San. Let’s not dwell on it.” She inferred, and let out a sigh.

“Can we go to an outing? To make up for the lost time and refurbish our friendship?” With a glimmer of hope, he uttered. Maybe she will agree or not, mystify him.

“Is that even a question? I’m more than ready. Let’s hang out.” Excitement protrusions within her.

*****

Shekar Gadodia and Ram Maheshwari were Best friends. They were together since toddlers. And their friendship strengthened with passing time by marrying two best friends Sharmista and Sujatha. It was a blessing in disguise when their kids too became friends like them.

Sanskar was just two when he laid eyes upon Swara. Rosy face and doe eyes. When he holds her tiny hands it clicked then, her mouth twitched to laugh, they’re inseparable since.

Shonimoni…” he called her lovingly. They had a pure bond with each other since nappies.

They’re in tenth grade, at the time when she told him she had a crush on someone. Praising another guy, Sanskar felt an unfamiliar stab of pain chiseling through him.

The more he repressed it, the more anger flickered within him. She was laughing with him, he lost it then. Strolling to them, he jabbed that guy, “Shonimoni and San together forever…” mumbled Sanskar warily. That silent warning in his words, no one between them. It was the first time a wave of possessiveness cascaded within him.