Chapter 9 Back to school

My alarm went off at 4:45, time to get up and go for my morning run. I put my hair up in a high ponytail and put on my running shorts and Tyler's University of Oklahoma grey t shirt. It still smells like his cologne. I put on my running shoes I grab my ipod and went downstairs. My dad was already up and dressed getting ready to go to work. He was working on a big case that wasn't only getting local attention but also national attention. " I can't wait for Clayton to start I could really use an extra hand." " bye dad I'm going for my morning run, I'll see you tonight if I'm not in bed before you get home." I pecked him on the cheek and told him I love you. I thought my run I had my iPod on shuffle currently playing August Alsina with Nicki Minaj " No love". I got to the park and start jogging there was no one there at least I thought. I got half way around and soon Tyler was jogging beside me. I took my ear buds out and slowed down my pace. " Hey beautiful good morning I missed you."  he said while giving me a peck on the cheek. " Hey yourself I thought I'd be the only one out." We stopped running and I gave him a proper good morning kiss. ( glad I brushed my teeth.) We pulled apart, Tyler said, " we should run together every morning. I agreed. It was 6:30 when we said our goodbyes.

     When I got home it was 6:50, I had 45 minutes to get ready. I took a cool shower, brushed my hair put it up in a high pony tail. I put on a pair of dark denim jeans, Tylers grey t-shirt, with a black pair of converses. I went downstairs and grabbed an apple and a granola bar, I drank a glass of orange juice. I grabbed my book bag, my keys and went to the garage and started my car. I was picking up Julie this morning. As I drove to Julie's my phone went off indicating I had a text message. I didn't look at it because I was driving. Julie was outside on her porch waiting for me. She was dressed in a pair of skinny jeans, a black crop top with a blue jacket with a pair of black 2 inch heels. She had her hair down in ringlets with light make-up with a gold chain.  Julie got in my car and greeted me. She sure was in a good mood she's never usually this dressed up. Wait for it, " so you know the guy I hooked up at Brads party, well I'm seeing him."  " I knew it Julie when you say seeing, you actually mean fucking." She just smiled.

     We got to school parked my Hyundai Santa Fe, we started walking and I realized I forgot my book bag. After I gpot my book bag we walked to our usual spot where Nathan, Adrianna and Luke were waiting. I said hello to both Luke and Adrianna. I walked to Nathan, he gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. " So how are you, haven't heard from you since you left the party."  "MydadislettingClaytondohisinternshipathisofficethenhiringhim."  I rushed out. Nathan looked confused at first. Then, " Did I hear you right? Your dad hired that bastard who hurt you. What the hell is he thinking?" Just when I was about to explain to Nathan the bell rang. Woo saved by the bell I thought. Julie, Adrianna, Nathan and I walked to English while Luke went to physics.

     We took our seats and Mrs. Redford was writing on the whiteboard. It looked like a bunch of jibberish until she started explaing . " OK class this year we are doing the tragic love story of Romeo and Juliet. The guys will pick a girls name out of a hat, now.... Oh Mr. Johnston nice of you to join us take a seat I was just explaining to the class an assignment that will result in 1/4 of your grade for the year. Now like I was saying a guy will pick a girls name and they will be partners as Romeo and Juliet. Now you guy will practice the part for 3 weeks and then I will choose a Romeo and Juliet then we will be performing the play in front of the entire school in 9 weeks. Now time for the drawing.

Brad- Adrianna

Mark-Julie

Nathan-Amanda

Levi-Rayna

Justin-Melissa, I quit listening when I heard who I was paired with. Things can not get any worse. Levi scooted his chair next to mine. " Hey sexy looks like I got the best partner in class." I wanted to gag. " Levi, its just a play for a grade nothing else will happen between us do I make myself Clea?" He nodded his head. Just then the bell rang. My next few classes flew by then it was time for lunch. At lunch Nathan noticed that I wasn't talking much. " Ray everything OK?" " Yea everything is just fine. Why do you ask?" " Because I know when something is bothering you, what's going on?" " I just wish that we would of been partners because you and I know that this is nothing but a grade and I'm comfortable with you." "Rayna you tell me if he tries anything with you because I will fuck him up."

   Time for my favorite class History. We got to our seats as Tyler.... I mean Mr. Morris was writing stuff on the board he turned to the class, saw me smiled then turned back around. After Tyler lectured us about the summary of chapters one and two, Levi turned towards me. " What do you want now?"  I hissed at him. " well beautiful I can't wait to start practicing with you." "Mr. Johnston would you care to explain to the class what I just said?" "No I would not like to repeat read chapters one and two then answer the eight questions at the end of each chapter." "Now Mr. Johnston you can go to the office and Ms. Reynolds you will be staying after class for disrupting my class." "Why do I have to go to the office and Rayna stays after?" "Because Mr. Johnston you have already disrupted my class, now you will go to the office, this is your last time because next time you get in trouble in my class I will kick you out of my class. Do you understand?" That caught Levi's attention because this class is a required class to graduate and Mr. Morris is the only one who teaches it. " Now as I said read chapters one and two, be sure to answer the 8 questions east the end of both chapters because there will be a pop quiz on Friday and no notes are allowed' Rayna don't forget to stay after class." Just as he said that the bell rang. After everyone got their bags and left Tyler went to shut the door and locked it. He walked back to his desk and sat down, " Levi started it I shouldn't be getting punished for it. I was cut off when his lips captured mine. His lips were soft and moist and very tasteful. He tangled his right hand in my hair and his left arm around my waist pulled me closer to deepen the kiss. " Now is this punishment?" Tyler said after we pulled apart. " If this is punishment I want this everyday from you." I crashed my lips to his again. He pulled away, " OK Rayna you better go before you are later and we get out of control. Here is your tardy pass." When we were walking out the door Tyler said, " Now Ms. Reynolds no more disrupting my class." I nodded my head and started off for choir. Luckily Mr. Kendall didn't even notice that I was late. " OK class there is a nationals completion, this year it is held in Hawaii. Here how it will work each one of you will choose a song to sing solo, I will pick the top three then those three will sing in front of a panel of judges then they will pick the one to go to state. Now if one of our students gets to go to nationals we all get to go because we will be performing on a national stage that will be televised the student picked will perform their solo." Everyone started talking at once we were all amazed. " You guys have two weeks to pick a song and then sing it." Julie and Adrianna came over to me. " you got this Rayna. You've won state the last two years." " I don't even know what to sing and these girls can be ruthless.