CHAPTER 6 THE PARTY

As we entered Brad's house, the party was in full swing, the music was blasting. There were teenagers everywhere. I thought to myself how is it so many people can fit into one house. Brad's house wasn't your average house though, his house was humongous. It has 8 bedrooms, a huge living room, kitchen area, a game room, an indoor pool, and a guest house along the west side of the outdoor pool.

Right away Brad found us, he kissed Adrianna and then looked at me and winked. " looking good Ray...... I mean Alexis." He put his arm around Adrianna's waist and we all followed him to the bar area. We each grabbed drinks, the guys grabbed beers, and us girls grabbed a twisted tea. There were people everywhere taking shots, dancing, grinding on each other, talking and stumbling. Typical drunk teens. We decided to make our way outside towards the outdoor pool/ patio area. There was a lot of people outside also but not as crowded, and there was fresh air, it didn't smell like armpits! The music wasn't as loud outside but you could still hear what was playing without all the bass booming so much. I started swaying to the music, well maybe a combination of the drinks and shots we've had. Even outside I was feeling flushed and it was cool enough to where I shouldn't feel like I'm on fire, definitely side affects of the alcohol.

I decided to walk around and go grab a bottle of water. I went inside and weaved myself through all the people, some were still standing while others were passed out on the floor. I grabbed a bottle of water and headed back outside. I decided to go to the guest house. I knew where the extra key was at. I made sure I texted Nathan to him know where I was so he would at least know. Plus he will be the most sober one out of us all. As I stooped down to get the key from the flower pot, I got a shiver. I ignored it, it was probably just the alcohol flowing in my system.

I kicked off my shoes by the front door. I turned on the lights and glanced around the guest house. I went to the fridge it was fully stocked with beers and different alcoholic beverages. I grabbed a bottle of Mikes Hard Lemonade and opened it, it had a refreshing lemony taste with a little kick. I walked over to the living room window the party was still going which doesn't surprise me because Brad's parties usually don't end until 2am and it was now 12:30 now.

I went out back and sat by the hot tub. I took off the cover and started the jets and turned on the lights. I decided I was going to relax. I grabbed another bottle of Mikes Hard Lemonade and put it in the cup holder. I turned on the XM Sirius radio and the music started playing. So was I going to get in fully clothed? No I shimmied out of my jeans into my black lace panties and took off my shirt to reveal the matching bra. ( hey there are women who wear less in a bikini.) I slowly stepped into the hot water, as I was pulling my hair to the top of my head so it wouldn't get wet. I got in and I immediately sighed. The water felt so good as I began sinking in. I laid my head back on the head rest, the water really relaxed my muscles. This is exactly what I needed.

After about 10 minutes of relaxing I heard the back door open. I sat up immediately, and turned to look who interrupted my alone time. I seriously wanted to knock that person out. I was shocked to see who it was. All at once butterflies fluttered in my stomach, while it felt like a knife in my heart and was being twisted. Is that even possible? My breath caught in my chest as he said my name barely above a whisper. I stood up and walked to him and slapped him across the face hard. It felt good to let a little of my anger out. He looked shocked then I saw a hint of remorse in his eyes. I didn't care that I was in my panties and bra. He had seen me in nothing at one point. I thought after 3 years that I still wouldn't let my feelings get the best of me, but they did.

He looked down at me, I mean he is 6'4" of course he had to. " Rayna how are you? I've missed you so much. Now seeing you here, it's as if 3 years hasn't even happened." " Don't talk to me, and act as if nothing happened. A lot has happened. I've changed and I promised myself that I would never let a guy hurt me again, like you did Clayton." I spat at him whispering the last part. He grabbed me by my shoulders, " Rayna, I'm so sorry that I hurt you. I know I messed up. I was young and stupid for hurting you like I did. Being drunk that night and sleeping with Miranda was the biggest mistake of my life. Not only did I hurt you but I became a father at the age of 19 and by the age of 20 I was no longer a father. I regret for hurting you, I hurt for my son's death. He wasn't even 6 months old. I know I hurt you a lot, but I've changed especially after Taylor's death. Miranda and I are no longer together. We wouldn't of been together if it wasn't for Taylor, but we didn't work out after his death. I tried helping her cope with his death but she just shut me out everyone has a different way to grieve. She just kept shutting me out more and more. I'm not asking for your forgiveness because I don't think I even deserve it." I just looked up at him and gave him a huge hug and then I cleared my throat. " Clayton, I forgave you, I don't forget about it but I do forgive you. I'm so sorry about Taylor, I went to the funeral I sat in the back to give you guys your time. I can't even imagine how hard it has been on you and Miranda. I tried contacting Miranda but she never returned my phone calls or my letters. I mean Miranda and I were best friends but after I caught you two "fucking" in your bedroom on our first year anniversary I couldn't even stand looking at either one of you. I was so angry, so hurt. I was going to give you my virginity because I loved you. Since that night I haven't even been in a serious relationship. I actually want to thank you because I'm still a virgin and not a 17 year old slut." I turned to get my clothes on and told him goodbye. I gave him my number so we could work on our friendship. I texted Nathan to let him know I was leaving. I told him I had a ride but in actuality I had no idea how the hell I was going to get home. I sure the hell wasn't walking....