Chapter 4 would you like a shake with that

As I drove to the Hornets Nest I couldn't help but to think about my encounter with Levi in the girl's locker room. He said he was sorry and that he didn't know what came over him. I don't know if i should tell anyone or if I should keep it to myself. I'm gonna keep it to myself for now, until Levi mentions something to me. A car passed me and honked their horn at me shaking me out of my thoughts. Shake it off by Taylor Swift is playing coincidence, I think so.

  As I got to the Hornets Nest I saw Julie's car, Nathan's truck, Adriana and Luke's car, (they each have their own but if they are going to the same place they usually take her car.) I parked my Santa Fe next to Nathan's truck and some truck I didn't recognize. The Hornets Nest was the place to be after any school games. The Hornets Nest is a family owned restaurant with the best cherry limeades in 3 counties. ( in my opinion). I walked in and sat down next to Nathan. He was thinking about something because he didn't even notice me sitting next to him even when I did clear my throat. I followed his eyes to where he was looking, more like glaring. Over at a table by himself was,Levi. I still couldn't figure out why Nathan doesn't like Levi. I had my reasons now not to but other than what happened an hour ago, I had no reason not to like him. I finally nudged Nathan in his side and he looked at me. " Oh hey Rayna, didn't know you were here. Don't you wear anything else outside of school other than sweats and sweat shirts that are two sizes too big." There is nothing wrong with my attire, just because I don't wear crop tops and 2nd skin jeans doesn't mean I don't know how to dress. I like to feel comfortable, not feel like a slut." Hey, hey, I didn't mean anything by it Rayna. There is nothing wrong with how you dress, you look good in anything you wear. You could have a brown paper sack on and you would still look good."

   I finally went up to the counter and ordered my signature dish, fried cauliflower and a large cherry limeade. Before you dis my fried cauliflower it is the yummiest. Its breaded cauliflower with melted cheddar cheese and then its fried. I was waiting on my order when the bell dinged above the door and about 10 more people came in.

   I decided to help out since I do work here even though tonight and tomorrow is my nights off. I got behind the register and started taking orders anything from just drinks to shakes to chicken strip dinners to dinners for a family of four. I was making a chocolate shake and it managed to end up in my hair and on my shirt. I turned around to take another order, my eyes went big. In front of me was Mr. Morris he had a smirk on his face. " I've heard you guys have the best food in town and shakes, but last I knew the shakes came in a cup not on the lady behind the counter, even though I bet its more tastier on you." He winked, and I swear I turned 50 shades of red. " Oh hey Mr. Morris what can I get for you?" I stuttered out. He asked what I recommended I told him the fried cauliflower and cherry limeade. He took my advice but ordered a chocolate shake. He told me to keep it in the cup this time and not on me. I chuckled a little but found it to be true. Hopefully I can manage that especially in front of my hot new teacher. I gave him his order, he gave me a $20 for his order it was only $6.80, I got his change, he told me to keep it he had a smile on his face. We then said our goodbyes. He told me he would see me Monday. I told him if he was lucky... why did I tell him that of course he will see me, and I was the lucky one, not the other way around.

     After I finished helping out, and customers started filtering out I finally got back to my seat next to Nathan and Julie. I started eating my fried cauliflower, Julie started talking about Brad's party tomorrow night. She asked what I was going to wear. I honestly had no idea. Decisions, decisions.... after about half an hour Julie left and we agreed her and Adriana would meet me at my house at 5:30 to start prepping for the party of the year.

    Nathan and I stayed and started talking. I finally asked Nathan the number one question I needed the answer to. " Hey Nate, why don't you like Levi?" " What makes you think I don't like Nathan?" Nate replied. " Oh I don't know Nathan, maybe its the glares you send him, or the way you talk to him, seriously Nathan why don't you like him?" Nathan took a deep breath and he zoned out. He was lost in his thoughts. Finally he started telling me the story.

     " When my mom was pregnant with me, my dad had an affair with Levi's mom, and well to tell you the short version, Levi is my half brother. I'm not for sure if he knows we are half brothers or not, but I do because my mom told me a few years ago right before she died. Last year I followed my dad to a park and there he was with Levi. From what my mom had told me is that Levi and his mom lived in California and now here he is in Texas." It took a few moments after he finished talking to comprehend what he had just told me. After we sat there in a uncomfortable silence he started talking again. " Levi's mom died a few months ago and now Levi is living with his grandparents. I know I shouldn't resent him, it wasn't his fault that my father couldn't keep his dick in his pants. I don't know how my mom forgave him so easily but I don't forgive him that easily. I guess you could say this is the main reason my father and I don't have a close relationship. Amongst other things. I didn't know what to say. So I just hugged him.