oChapter 10 There's a storm brewing

Today was Wednesday and I had to work after school today. I liked my job. I didn't work because I had to, but because I wanted to. My employer was was super nice and she worked with students schedules. She was a big supporter of the school anytime there was a fundraiser or what not. I mean Arlene had to be a big supporter if she named her restaurant after the schools mascot. Out of the three restaurants that started up in the 1950's hers is the only remaining original. That has to say something about her, the food and even about the town itself. Heck people even come from out of town to eat here. Arlene has always employed high school students to work the counter and to cook. She made sure there was an adult at all times in the kitchen to help supervise. All the things she does is why I think this restaurant is so successful. Its family owned and you get treated as family.

      As I pulled into the parking lot I noticed a truck that I've seen but I'm not sure who it belongs to. I parked my Hyundai Santa Fe on the side of the building by the employee entrance. I walked in to the break room to put my book bag in my locker and to clock in to start my shift. I wore a gray T-shirt with the restaurant logo on the top right corner. Then on the back the logo was bigger that covered the majority of the back of the shirt with the phone number. I also had on a pair of black yoga pants with a pair of memory foam skechers. As I was getting ready to clock in Ami came in the break room. " Rayna there bus a guy out front asking for his Juliet." " Thanks Ami. I will go get Levi to leave so he doesn't bother any of the other customers." " Rayna he's hot. Like on a scale 1-10, he's defiantly a 10." " Ami I will introduce you to Levi." As I got to the counter Levi greeted me. " There is my Juliet. Where fore art thou Juliet?" "Levi what the hell do you think you are doing here? If you aren't going to order something to eat then you should leave before you get me in trouble please." "Oh Rayna, I wouldn't want to get you in trouble but no I'm not going to order anything to eat but I would like a chocolate shake." I rang up Levi's order and started to make it. As soon as I turned around I heard Levi say "nice ass". I started thinking of a way to get him back for that comment. So I thought about it . I was going to accidentally put a hole on the side of his cup and let it leak on the front of his shirt. As I turned around to walk back to the counter to give Levi his shake I tripped over the black slip proof mat. As soon as I tripped the shake flew out of my hands it was like slow motion. The shake exploded and went all over the front of Levi. I held back a laugh. I couldn't of planned it any better fate must of been on my side because I couldn't of planned it any better. The look on his face was priceless. I saw Ami walking up from the back with a look of shock on her face. "Ami would you please remake Levi a chocolate shake at no cost. By the way Ami this is Levi, Levi this is Ami." "Sure no problem Rayna." I headed towards the back to the stock room to get cups. I could hear Ami and Levi talking. I heard Ami laughing Levi must of said something funny.

     After the incident with Levi there were more customers, but when there wasn't any I could go back to the break room and work on my homework. Then when I get off at 7 I could go home and relax. Before looking up from my pen and my pad of paper "Hi what can I get for you?" " I would like a cheeseburger, an order of tater tots and a medium cherry Pepsi." "Oh hey Mr. Morris your total will be $6.45." He paid with a $10.00 and had me keep the change. "OK I will bring that out to you as soon as its ready." "OK Rayna, also I needed to know what time this smart, sassy and sexy waitress gets off work?" 'I get off at 7." "How did you know I was talking about you?" "Because I'm smart, and it better of been me you were talking about." I said with a wink. I heard a bell signaling an order up. I went and got Tyler's order and took it to his table. "Is there anything else I can get for you?" "Would you like to come over after you get off work? I've missed you, I know its a school night but we can watch a movie or whatever you want to do. You can be home by curfew." "Yes I will come over, I've missed you too. I'm done with my homework. So shouldn't be a problem." "OK great I'll see you around 7:30 to 8:00?" I nodded my head yes. Tyler looked like a kid in a candy store after I confirmed I would be there. Since it was slow I got to leave at 6:30. I got home by 6:40, I took a warm shower washing away the smell of grease with my vanilla/jasmine body wash. After my shower I redid my bun I put on a pair of skinny jeans, with a crimson red faded University of Oklahoma T-shirt with a pair of grey converses.