A Boy with a Book

-at lunch-

~Garth's POV~

I'm sitting with Hope and Shaelyn eating lunch, but my thoughts keep drifting to the Ravenclaw boy resting on a tree, reading a book. He looks so peaceful.

I watch his face change as he reads - sometimes he shuts the book angrily before opening it a few seconds later, and sometimes the tiniest smile creeps onto his face. It's cute. Really, really cute. I wish I had the guts to talk to him. 

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it. But me and everyone around me knows I don't have the balls to do that. I can't even put my hand up in class...

"HELLO? Garth!" Shaelyn is snapping her fingers in my face. I push my thoughts aside, and feel my cheeks heat up. 

"S-sorry. What were you talking about?" I move my hair in front of my face, trying to hide my pink cheeks.

But of course Shae's smarter than that.

She knows what I'm doing and she smirks. 

"Doesn't matter now - who were YOU staring at?" shit. 

"What? No one." She raises her eyebrows, which is pretty much her equivalent of calling me a liar, and looks around, trying to figure out who it was. I must be in luck, because there are people everywhere today, and she gives up quite quickly.

"I will get it out of you eventually, but not right now because lunch just finished, and good ol' Minerva will have a fit if I'm late again, I guess I'll have to interrogate you later. Come on, Puff." She stands up and grabs Hope's hand, pulling her along. When they're gone, I let out a sigh of relief and pick up my books, ready to leave. I look up.

The Ravenclaw boy is staring at me from the other side of the path. I freeze. Did he see me staring at him?

Before I can even think about saying something, he realises I saw him staring at me. His eyes go wide, and he runs off.