H2LiftShips, a Tech Manual for a Future

H2LiftShips, a tech manual for a future

Some readers have pointed to the tech manual style of this SciFi story.

Yes. It is.

We will continue to work on updating the story and hope to make it interesting for those who have particular style requirements in order to follow a complex story.

Or not.

Consider it a tech manual for a possible future, leading to a stylized story with Canines and Primates, since these species are required for any successful saga in the space opera style.

(Note to style-restricted Space Opera readers, the above is sarcasm, as is this.)

To understand H2LiftShips, you need a quick review of the history of space flight and rockets over the last thousand years or so. Not just the short time from V2-death machines to Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin to the Luna Landers and all the failed and successful Space Stations, but the design and reasons for flaming flying tubes, floating balloons, and space ships, real and imagined.

While heavier than air prop-driven engines and kerosene powered jets are fantastic flying machines, they have little to do with space flight, since they go more horizontal than vertical.

That being said, we will look at old history and future history to build a different world than the one we have today. We will look beyond the global problems we have now and find some new ones.

Divergent future problems are always more interesting than our seemingly intractable current ones.

If you don't like examples of Earth's history and instruction manuals, you won't like this scenario and would probably appreciate a bang/boom/erotic fantasy story over a change-in-state story. That probably won't happen here.

As with any complex technical manual, skip to the fun parts, then go back and fill in the details:

-Fun parts:

- Start of the Tech -

-:

Chapter1 "Imagine a World"

H2LiftShips, a tech manual for a future

Imagine a world, exactly like ours, but different

Homo sapiens, seemingly obsessed with exploring every corner of this world, are working hard to leave our planet of birth and visit our neighbors, be it local planets or distant stars.

Are we overly friendly, have a desire to conquer all we see, or just bored with our all too familiar dirt and rocks, ice and water?

Our extensive oceans have never been a place where humans want to stay. Too wet, too salty and, now, too polluted.

It is a long, slow, hard slog to get anywhere in our heliosphere. Distances are so vast that other stars are out of reach except in our collective fecund imagination. We have dedicated so much time and knowledge to traveling light-years, we have neglected the initial fact: We have to get started before we can go forward.