When you're done 
staring at Chimdi, reply me.

Came staring back. She quickly folded the paper and dumped it into her locker. Her heart beating in erratic thuds.

It's just a silly joke. She tried to calm her silly heart.

But, was he really staring at me?

Why should that bother you? Her subconscious asked, setting her straight.

She cleared her throat. "Yes, it shouldn't bother me." She muttered, directing her attention to the Teacher in front, with her mind drawn to the content of the paper in the locker.

The Teacher tired, but not convinced, looked around, as if hoping to find the truth blurted.  "Who wrote this?"

Jiki's hand went up, face beetroot red from laughing, causing his classmates to laugh  more.

"I sir."

"Class captain?" The young Corp stared in disbelief.

Jiki nodded, stifling his laughter and their Teacher groaned in frustration. The laughter was embarrassing already.

With a disappointed voice, he sent TJ back to his seat and called his class to order for the nth time.

TJ made his way to his seat, ignoring the playful comments his classmates passed him. He knew that they were totally entertained but disappointed.

They all wanted to hear juicy detailed and cheesy contents of a love letter. He smiled, reminiscing the shocked face of the lecturer, when he read out Jiki's first letter.

The man didn't know what hit him. He shook his head, promising himself to keep the memory evergreen, as part of stories to tell once he returned back to the states.

He turned to look at Chimdi, who directed her attention to the Teacher who'd since resumed his lesson.

She was so good at ignoring him, he thought, a smile gracing his lips.

And is so good at invading your thoughts?

Oh shut up!

He watched her twirl a ringlet of her hair with a finger, focus totally on the board as she took down notes from time to time.

She was pretty, and he couldn't deny that.

She's more than a pretty face you know?

I know right. He concurred.

Chimdi felt someone's gaze, hot on her. She didn't need a soothsayer to let her know that the said someone was TJ.

She kept her cool, eyes focused on the board, while Corp Ofose talked about the functions of several parts of a drone. Quite an interesting class, but a certain person's gaze was making her lose focus.

She went on, ignoring his gaze hot on her. The letters on the board blurring, making her stare into an empty space.

"Kodiri! Stop staring at Gentry and listen." Corp Ofose shouted, a satisfied smirk on his young face, making his students crack up.

TJ groaned, whipping his gaze back to the board. He finally succeeded in embarrassing him.

Chimdi, embarrassed still kept her focus on the board, totally ignoring whatever was going on in class. The bell rang, signalling the end of the first period and Chimdi heaved a sigh of relief.