17

It ain't what it cost you,
it might be a dollar (hey)
As long as it shocks you,
memory, electricity.

--

"We are waiting." Corp Ofose said, smiling so wide, he looked like an animated character.

Chimdi stifled a laugh alongside, other classmates as she watched TJ stand in front of the classroom, looking oh so uncomfortable.

He unfolded the piece of paper in his hand, stared at it before looking up. Making everyone to crack up again.

"What's wrong?" Corp Ofose asked, walking towards him. "Do you need help reading that?"

TJ shook his head. "But sir... it's not a love lett-"

"We know." The young corp replied, sarcasm evident in his tone. "We just want to know the content of the letter." His classmates roared in fit of laughter, finding their teacher's not-so-funny joke, funny.

Chimdi sat back, enjoying the show and what was to come next.

The students laughter resonated across the room and as Chimdi listened to their teacher try to make a joke at TJ's expense, she tried to figure out what was funny with the words he uttered.

TJ unfolded the piece of paper in his hands once more and Chimdi leaned on her chair, waiting for the real show to begin. She dramatically patted her luxuriant fro, causing her hair pin to fall off.

With an annoyed sigh, she bent down to pick it. A poorly folded paper plane caught her sight at TJ's part of the chair. She reached for it.

In a bid to catch up with what was happening in the rowdy class, she hurried up, causing her head to make a quick contact with the steel edges of her desk.

"Ouch!" She let out a groan, glaring daggers at the chair.

With a Humph, she sat down and turned her attention to the class, to find a confused teacher and classmates roaring in laughter, like they were being tickled from the rare.

Confused, she paid attention to the teacher, whose face was meme worthy.

"Is that all?" Corp Ofose asked, doubt covering his face and causing the students to crack up more, increasing Chimdi's confusion.

TJ shook his head, trying to suppress his smile.

What did I miss? Chimdi asked, looking around and slowly kneading her swollen forehead.

Corp Ofose took the piece of paper from TJ, causing the students to cackle. His frown morphed into pure shock.

The students cracked up more at the sight of their confused teacher, making the scene look like a circus show, before the Young Teacher called them to order. Yet, students still snickered.

"This is the reason why you were smiling?" Corp Ofose asked TJ, face a mirror of disbelief.

TJ shook his head. "Sir I wasn't smiling-" 

"Yes you were!" The young teacher cut him short, causing the students to erupt in fit of laughter, again.

Chimdi giggled, finally understanding what was going on. She felt the paper in her hand about to slip out, but caught it immediately. She wasn't going to risk bumping her head into the cursed locker anymore.

She peered at the piece of paper, careful not to be caught by the teacher, who has succeeded in turning himself into a clown.

The content had her baffled. She looked around one more time, before taking another peek at the paper.