Chapter 30: Infirmary

Start from the beginning

---

The silence was tense and uncomfortable. When it didn't look like Nazareth was coming out of the supply closet anytime soon, Lester took this opportunity to assess the enemy.

"Who the hell are you?" he demanded, crossing his arms and glaring at the white-haired bowl-cut boy.

The boy narrowed his eyes, obviously determined to not lose this battle. His lips twitch into a punchable expression.

"If you can't even recognize who I am, then I won't even bother telling you," he said haughtily.

Lester scoffed, "You could be the Crown Prince and I still wouldn't care. Stay away from Brother Naza," he hissed.

The boy stared at him for a long moment, mouth parted and eyes narrowed disbelievingly.

What? Did he think he was stupid?

"What?"

"I just can't figure out if it's you or the education system in this school that failed you."

Lester saw red.

"How dare you—"

"Anyway," the boy grinned at him smugly, "Brother Nazareth said I was cute, cuter than Lione, his own little brother..."

"You...!"

"Your Highness, Lester," Nazareth suddenly appeared in front of them like a ghost.

"What are you doing?" he asked, his voice like ice.

The two of them straightened their spines and put on their most innocent face.

---

Neo had felt bad for incapacitating them, but not enough to sympathize with their wounds. If they thought he was oblivious to whatever personal conflict they had with each other then they were sorely wrong. Neo knew what a rivalry in the making looked like, though the reason for it was rather disturbing.

"Don't fight," he warned them.

With an armful of ingredients from the supply closet, he went over to the counter to make some basic tinctures.

As he ground the ingredients together, his mind wandered back to the matter regarding Lester.

Lester was the eldest child of the Dartmouth family, a third-generation noble house. From what Neo recalled, the Dartmouths commanded a portion of the knights of the royal family, known as the Silver Raven Division.

Nazareth sought out Lester for his connection with the Silver Ravens. A knight division specializing in espionage and other secret services dealt with a lot of information and Nazareth wanted to diversify his portfolio.

In return for the utilization of the Silver Ravens, he had assumed Lester wanted a connection with the Odum Family.

Nazareth assumed he could use the Odum name as repayment for anything, and now Neo was dealing with the consequences of that type of thinking.

Elliot was more devastated by the loss of a potential friendship, rather than the fame that came with associating with a Ducal Family.

Elliot... he would need to rectify their previous conversation at a later time.

Neo strained the plant juice and threw it into a pot with a boiling talisman. While the tincture was slowly brought to a boil, he left the brewing counter and went to check the two boys.

"Here." He threw them some gauze and a simple salve.

Lester caught them with eyes sparkling with utter adoration.