My Boy

*insert very self indulgent trans ethan fic here*

Unus annus. How Ethan was coming to terms with himself. Not only his inevitable doom, but the fact that he may never, ever, properly have Mark know everything about him.

You see, Ethan wasn't born as Ethan.

First, he was a girl.

God, he fucking hated that. The mere mention of his old self made him sick. He didn't have too much dysphoria, but some days it hit hard, and it was on days like that he tried to wear as much baggy clothing as possible.

Days like this, for example, when Mark and Ethan were filming a video. Without telling Ethan what was about to be filmed.

"A DIY sensory deprivation tank?" Ethan asked, not quite understanding why the absolute fuck they couldn't just go to one near them.

Mark nodded. "Yes, as when I was young, we could barely afford water, let alone sensory deprivation. And today will be an homage to that fact."

Ethan sighed. "Alrighty then," he then paused, remembering what that meant for him. "Wait, don't we have to be like naked or something for that?"

Mark shook his head. "I mean, shirtless, yeah, but not naked."

Ethan's eyes went a little wider at that. "M-Mark, I dunno if I'm comfortable-"

"Oh come on ya big baby, it's not that bad, don't worry."

Ethan grimaced a little. "Mark, I'm serious, I don't..." tears threatened to fall from his eyes. He knew Mark was accepting, but...he didn't want to say it, it was terrifying to him.

Mark heard the cracks in his now shaking voice and stopped messing around. "Woah woah woah, Eth, you alright? I didn't think it was that big of a deal, what's up?"

Ethan just shook his head, he didn't want to say it, he didn't want this, not today, it was bad enough already, trying to keep this from his best friend of 4 years.

Mark wrapped an arm around Ethan. "If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine, you can always just keep the shirt on and everything is alright."

Ethan shook his head. "N-no, if I don't say it now I'm never gonna say it and I don't like keeping this from you..." he said, tears streaming down his face.

"Mark, I....I-I'm trans..."

Mark's heart broke at how scared and alone Ethan looked in that very moment. "Hey hey hey, it's okay, it's alright. You're a boy and that's never been any different, alright? You're everyone's favorite blue boy. Nothing will ever change that fact."

Ethan nodded, leaning into Mark and crying into his chest. "I-I'm sorry I never told you, I just-" he paused, trying to think of words to say, "I-I was so s-scared..." his voice broke as he cried harder.

"Hey, I love you, alright?"

"I love you too, I just...coming out is fucking scary." he chuckled a little, the tears slowly subsiding.

"I know Eth, I know. Even if you know the other person is accepting. It's hard, I know."

Ethan nodded. "Thank you..." he mumbled, after he was done his mini-meltdown of emotion.

"For what?" Mark asked, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"For not being a total asshole. At least, not all the time." he smiled as he looked at Mark, making the other roll his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, whatever, blue boy."

The words made Ethan smile as they worked on figuring out a different video to film for the day.

WC: 545

so obviously this isn't completely accurate, i tried to look for the first unus annus video they did shirtless he couldn't hide the binder/trans tape in. uh, enjoy? also this experience isn't the all around trans experience, obviously, just kind of a little thing i thought would be cute esp since hi I'm a tranny and also a slut for ethan mark nestor-darling. so, uh, yeah. rant over, i hope you enjoyed my shitty writing.