Chapter 3: The Chase

'' thinking
() author notes
Blah random voice change
[] reading
** setting/facial/emotional change
_______________________________________________________________________________________
*Appa's back*
*1st pov*

We've been traveling with the Avatar for about a day now and so far, it's been more chill than I expected. I was expecting more explosions and action and fire nation constantly chasing us, but it's nice like this. We decided to land since it was getting dark and chose a nice open area to make camp and rest.

Toph: I have to say you guys chose a great camping area, the grass here is so soft.

I looked down to see Toph was standing on a pile of Appa's fur, apparently he's been shedding.

Sokka: It's not grass, Appa's shedding

Katara: Oh gross.

Aang: It's not gross, it's part of spring, you know flowers bloom, rebirth, and Appa gets a new coat.

Katara: Ah, the beauty of spring.

Suddenly Appa let's out a large sneeze that sends his fur everywhere.

Katara: Ew gross, Appa stop.

Sokka: It's not so bad Katara, it makes a great wig.

Sokka had taken Appa's fur and made a tall wig of it.

Aang: And a great beard.

Aang had some the same making a beard and mustache combo with the fur.

(Y): Oh come now, you two are being ridiculous.

Katara: Thank you

(Y): It's obviously best for back hair!

I pulled up my shirt to reveal my back covered in Appa's fur. Aang and Sokka bursted our laughing as I join with them while Katara just gave a judging look.

Katara: I'm just glad we now have another girl in the group because you two are disgusting and (Y/N) is no better.

Toph: Excuse me, does some one have a razor? Because I've got some hairy pits!

Toph posed with her arms behind her head to reveal the fur she stuck under her arms as we start laughing. Afterwards we begin setting up camp, Sokka was setting up tents with Aang while I made a fire pit with my earthbending. I wanted it to be a lava pot, but it was labeled "too dangerous" and "could melt someone's feet off" honestly if you miss seeing a glowing pit of burning magma, then you deserve to lose your feet, heck even Toph would know where it is! I then saw Katara approach Toph who was just laying back on some rocks.

Katara: You know Toph, when we set up camp we each have our own jobs to do, some one makes the fire pit, someone gets water-

The lemur then flies in and drops nuts into Karata's hands.

Katara: Even Momo helps out.

Toph: Look I can take care of myself, I already go enough food, and I can make my own tent.

Toph then earthbends two slabs of rock to form in the shape of a triangle.

Katara: Yeah but-

Toph: What's the big deal then, I can take care of myself!

Katara: Okay.

Katara walks away while Toph gets into her "tent" and I decid to approach Katara before I approached Toph.

(Y): Look Katara, don't mind her, she's always been like this, heck even when I first met her. Just give her some time and she should open up more to teamwork.