Chapter 1: Best Friends

This chapter will take place before The Aang Gang meet Toph.
Toph will be 16 in this story
'' thinking
() author notes
Blah random voice change
[] reading
** setting/facial/emotional change
_______________________________________________________________________________________
*City of Gaoling*
*1st pov*

My name is (Y/N) (L/N) and I'm an earth bender, or at least one in training. You see I didn't learn to earthbend until I was around the age of 13 from a gifted girl. Oddly enough, she was a blond girl but she never let that get in the way of her Earthbending. When we first met, I was walking through the streets of Gaoling and I saw her being picked on by a couple of guys who went to an Earthbending school nearby. I went up to help her but by the time I got over there, she had already buried them into the ground. She was about to do the same to me until I explained what I was trying to do and explained I couldn't do anything to her. When she left I decided to follow her, of course despite trying to be sneaky, she found me easily, which confused me because, we'll she was blind. Then she told me about how she found me and how she could see through using seismic sensing. I knew she had to be strong so I asked her if she could teach me Earthbending, at first she refused, but over time, she seemed to like my determination or she was tired of me bugging her, but either way, I was now learning Earthbending. At first, I was having trouble just moving a few pebbles let alone shaping the very ground itself, but with training and a lot of bruises, I was bending like a pro. I even eventually made a new form of Earthbending, Lavabending, where I could bend molten rock to my will and even found a way to change ordinary rocks into molten rock without needing a heat source. When I first showed my master, she was impressed and she decided that she wanted to let me in on a few secrets about her. Before now, we only met a few times a week for an hour or two to train, I didn't even know her name, but she told me who she was.

Toph Beifong of the Beifong family, I instantly felt worried because I remembered times when I would treat her like a commoner and was afraid she was going to get me arrested

Toph Beifong of the Beifong family, I instantly felt worried because I remembered times when I would treat her like a commoner and was afraid she was going to get me arrested. But she didn't, she was happy to be treated like a normal person, saying she was tired of living a life of nobility and security. That gave me an idea, she wanted to play life rough and dangerous so I brought up the earthbending tournament, where earthbenders would come up with stupid aliases and fight for gold and glory. She loved the idea and we got started on making her alias. We came up with the name "The Blind Bandit" and were able to get her into the ring, at first some people were going easy on her, but when she got serious, everyone became terrified of her power. Toph became the undefeated champ and I always cheered her on from the stands, and I would place bets on her when she was starting out so we could get even more money. Now we were just hanging out, when Toph introduced her parents to me, at first they were against it, but they eventually saw my earthbending powers and decided I could be like a body guard of Toph's, of course there was always a chaperone there but still, we now got to hangout more. Nowadays, Toph and I hangout in her back yard and I "teach" her earthbending like her parents want me and Yu to do so she could protect defend herself better. Of course Toph would always pretend she was novice earthbender when Yu was around.