Chapter 112 [Shameless to the Extreme]

Beginne am Anfang

"It is not something for you to worry about, whether I'm protected or not. We, the Lin Family, will not allow this to pass so easily. Mrs. Yue, I don't care if this had to do with you, but let me tell you, you won't be able to withstand the fiery fury of the Lin Family."

The Lin Family was a crouching tiger in the imperial courts. It had always upheld the principle of quietly meting out justice.

Even if things were concerning Shangguan Qing and Lin Mengwu, they would have to keep quiet under the authority of their strict father.

The Lin Family was the only noble family which had continued for a hundred years from the time the nation of Dajin was established.

Dajin's military power had always been held by the Lin Family since the time the dynasty began.

Regardless of how the emperor changed over time, the Lins never fell throughout their reign. This was sufficient to prove the formidable power of the Lins.

This was the reason the Queen had exhausted every means to marry her own younger sister into the Lin Family.

Of course, one of the major reasons was also to have control over the Lin Family.

However, the low-profile manner in which the Lins handle matters resulted in many people forgetting how glorious the Lins were to be in control of the nation's entire army.

Even the Queen might not be spared the fiery fury if she provoked the Lin Family to anger!

"Humph! I almost forgot if you didn't raise this up. Do you really think the Lin Family could still be outrageously savage for much longer?"

There was a tone of schadenfreude in Mrs. Yue's voice, but she immediately shut her mouth when Lin Mengya gave her a sideway glare.

Nevertheless, Lin Mengya immediately perked up her alert when she got the hidden meaning in Mrs. Yue's words.

"What do you mean?"

Mrs. Yue averted her eyes from Lin Mengya's gaze; however, the look of contempt at the corner of her eyes betrayed her.

When Lin Mengya finally helped Yueting out of the tent, supporting her, the crowd outside had by then scattered.

Nevertheless, there were a dozen imperial guards surrounding Lin Zhongyu. As Lin Mengya took a glance, she realized that some of the guards looked rather familiar.

It was the guards whom Long Tianhao had arranged to stay by her side.

"Princess!"

A dozen guards cupped their hands in obeisance once Lin Mengya came into sight, while Lin Zhongyu stood right in front of them, with his face covered with frost.

"Let's go back to our tent. Xiaoyu, please help support Elder Sister Yueting on the way back, while I will go look for Prince Yu."

Yueting's body had not stopped trembling since she came out of the tent.

Mount Lingju was indeed chilly at night. However, the hearts of men were even chillier.

"Miss, let us take over from you."

Lin Mengya lifted her head only to realize that it was the familiar face of Baiji.

Lin Mengya said some words of comfort to Yueting, but refrained from talking too much, before Baiji took over Yueting from her.

While Yueting's body was wrapped around by a dusky green cape, the cape was unable to keep out the piercing look from the eyes of the people around.