She's Trying Her Best

Space 

It was prettier then Catra remembered, she never really took the time to sit and appreciate it's beauty and it's comfort. She was so different the last time she was here it was almost like this was a dream. A long, vivid dream. She made the excuse up in her head, that she didn't sleep because she was afraid this was all a long desire in her mind and she would wake up on Horde Primes twisted maze again. Alone. 

"Catra, hey. We're unloading stuff in the back, I could use a hand." 

She jumped a bit when she heard Bow offer her some time consuming work, she reluctantly agreed and went to the back of the ship.

"So, exciting to be back in Space huh?" 

Catra knew what he was trying. Or at least she thought she did, she could never tell anymore if people were genuine about making conversation with her or if they were playing some mind trick to get her to vomit her feelings. 

"My first go around wasn't all that peachy." 

Catra replied with a bit of sass. She saw a small smirk appear on Bows face from the corner of her eye but didn't say anything. 

"I know that, but I'm just saying that it's a nice change from being in Brightmoon. It takes some getting used to." 

"Yeah, pastel colors aren't really my cup of tea." 

They spoke for awhile about different tea flavors after that, unpacking boxes of foods and drinks into the designated containment slots Entrapta installed for better preservation. After about an hour of work They decided to part ways and head to bed. For the first time in a long time she was feeling exhausted, like the universe had slowed down and eventually paused for her. For her to catch up and take a deep breath. 

Adora was already asleep by the time Catra made her way to some random room Adora had chosen on her  behalf. Thankful for the time of silence, she sighed and laid down at the foot of the bed, staring at the ceiling. That's when Catra learned the true difference of being tired and being exhausted. She had been laying there for at least an hour, by that time her eyes had adjusted to the darkness. She looked over at Adora, who of course was in deep sleep. Her sleeping habits had gotten much better the past week or so, Catra had observed. She finally decided to try and get at least some sleep, after realizing her eyes had been slowing closing everytime she kept them open for too long. She got comfortable and fell asleep. 

She was dreaming, she knew she was. It was dark, Catra reached her hand out to touch something, to know where she was. But after she took a few steps forward she fell into a deep abyss. It felt like she was falling for hours, seeing the images and pictures of things she couldn't understand but somehow felt connected to. Her curiosity began to kick in, but in that instant, she saw she was quickly approaching the bright reflective floor. In that instant, she woke up. Sweaty, uncomfortable, and out of breath. The dream felt too vivid, too real. Catra looked around, both Melog and Adora were gone. That was to be expected, she had probably been sleeping for awhile. She sat up and groaned, feeling as though her few hours of sleep did more harm then good. She stepped down from the bed and sighed, running her fingers through her hair, forgetting it had been chopped short. It almost shocked her that the hair didn't run as long as it used to. Catra ended up being the last one up and, of course, got crap for it. She let it slide, it didn't bother her as much as it would have about a year ago. 

"How was your cat nap?" 

She heard Glimmer tease. Catra sighed heavily through her nose, representing her rising morning frustration.