Chapter 14

"Okay, remember everyone, the project is due in a week, I assume this shouldn't be a problem given the fact that you can pair up after school and some class time will be given as well" announced a very excited Mr.Kim before the bell rang signaling class ending.

Doyoung fixes his specks and tugs on his blue cardigan he's wearing over a white shirt, while he waits for the students to clear out.
"Hyung did you need something, I have to get to my next class" said a rushed Jaehyun looking at his watch. "So you and Taeyong are partners ? For the project?" asked a concerned looking Doyoung. "That's how it happened, why is there a problem ?" Jaehyun replied while raising an eyebrow. Doyoung took a sip of his coffee to calm his nerves and replied "No not at all, but you might have to work after school together, do you think his hyung is gonna be okay with the person who .... ?" the words never came out, Jaehyun knew what his Doyoung hyung was trying to say. "Look hyung I know, I will apologize to his family, I know I messed up but I'm gonna make everything better, I swear" said Jaehyun with a gaze in his eyes that Doyoung can't explain. "Okay Jaehyun, go ahead before Mr. Jeon counts you late"

After Jaehyun walked out, Doyoung looked back at his coffee and his pastry, and he smiled, no one has ever sent him anything to the school but a certain male changed that and Doyoung couldn't be happier.

Taking a bite of the pastry which turned out to be a piece of chocolate croissant, he felt amazed by how tasty it was. Sipping his coffee he thought about Taeil.

"Do I smell chocolate?!" asked a wavy grey haired teacher from the doorway.
"Hello Taehyung, yes you do, but dont you have an art class right now ?" replied a smiling Doyoung
"Yes, I do have a class, they are doing their own twist of Starry Night by Van Gogh right now" winking at Doyoung he added "So who gave you the sweets, Kim?" after asking the question, Doyoung couldn't hide the evident blush on his cheeks. "Someone you don't know, Mr.Kim" Doyoung put an emphasis on the "Mr.Kim" part.
"Hmmmm okay well I just came by to ask you for some star stickers, I know you have some" said Taehyung while looking at Doyoung with a knowing stare.
"Yeah here you go, you can have them, I have more" handing them to Taehyung, who accepted them and winked saying "Thank you and also, you should keep him, not just anyone brings you coffee and sweets, I should know" and walked out leaving a surprised looking Doyoung behind.

"Maybe I should text Taeil a thank you for the coffee, it wouldn't hurt" but he forgot one thing "I don't have his number" Doyoung face palmed himself and then an idea came to mind "I'm a teacher I can just look at Taeyong or Haechan's admission's papers and get his number, would calling be better? " knowing this might not be allowed he was willing to take the risk, after finding his contact information he dialed the number and someone picked up on the second ring.
"Hello" said a voice on the other line
"Hello, this is Mr. Kim from NCT High School, I'm looking for Taeil?" asked a very nervous Doyoung
"Ahh Hello Doyoung, it's so nice to hear from you, did you enjoy the coffee and pastry I made for you?" replied a very confident sounding Taeil
"Yes I did, I wanted to call you to say thank you, I- I really enjoyed them" stuttered a cute Doyoung while he heard the older chuckle on the other line.
"I'm glad, unfortunately I couldn't deliver them personally, I would've loved to see you reaction, speaking of which, how did you figure out my number, I don't recall giving it to you?" Doyoung froze and was looking for an excuse but he couldn't find one and once again heated a chuckle from Taeil, "Umm, that's not important" Doyoung replied hurriedly "I just wanted to say thank you again, I have to go unfortunately" not letting Taeil reply to his statement and hung up in a rush.

On the other end of the line, Taeil couldn't contain the smile evident in his face, hearing how flustered the other was made him so happy, his heart literally fluttered.
"Mayhaps this is my happiness" Taeil thought.

"Thank you Jin for delivering the coffee and pastry for me at the school" said a very enthusiastic Taeil
"No problem, happy to help you find love" replied a tall dark haired, Jin with a witty tone, causing Taeil to laugh out loud.

Thinking deeply Taeil looked out the coffee shop window and watched happy couples walk by and knew he wanted that, and knew he wanted it to be no one but Doyoung.
"Sorry to bother your daydreaming Taeil but I think Chan just broke a French Press" said a worried looking Jin.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

~If anyone is confused or lost, sorry , I am trying my best~