four - richard winters

( dick winters, end of the war, happy )

"IT'S OVER." THOSE TWO WORDS CAUSED YN TO TEAR UP, ONLY TWO WORDS. They were powerful words, not just meaning that the war was over but the hurt. She wouldn't have to see anymore men die, hold their hand as they yelled for their mom. The tears weren't just for the dead but for the living and the fact they would carry on living.

"YN?" The woman looked up at her superior officer with a smile, tears flaking down her cheeks. The man looked concerned for YN but she shook her head as soon as she noticed.

"No, it's good. I promise you Lip." The man nodded, placing a hand on her shoulder as she wiped away the tears and let out a small laugh.

"YN?" She looked up, past Lipton, to see Richard Winters smiling at her. The two had fallen hopelessly in love during their time together, something that neither could act upon.

There were times when they would steal kisses but that was breaking the rules too far for even Dick to do. He felt bad for breaking the rules but he loved YN enough to do it without thinking.

YN felt Lip pat her shoulder before she walked over to Dick. Both wore a smile as she walked toward him, Speirs patting him on the shoulder before walking away from Dick. "Hi."

Her voice was soft as she reached Dick, the man looking slightly nervous. "It's over." Dick whispered the two freeing words once more, making YN smile and nod. Taking a breath, Dick quickly bent to the ground onto one knee.

YN's eyebrows flew to her hairline as she watched Dick lower to his knee. Her mouth parted slightly, not realising all the men had gone silent around the pair.

Dick pulled out a beautiful ring from his pocket, identical to the one Speirs had stolen from a bombed building. YN had mentioned it was pretty, clearly something the man hadn't forgetten and she was grateful.

"YN, I've imagined this moment in so many ways and now the time is finally here all I cna think to say is that I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

Without hesitating, YN nodded her head and allowed Dick to slide the ring on. Although it was slightly big for her, she didn't care. The ring meant more than just marriage, it showcased the literal war they had to win to be together.

The two shared a kiss which caused cheering to begin around the pair, YN smiling in to the first legal kiss she had experienced with the man she loved - her fiance.