"Guys leave him alone, he's just got manners unlike some men I know. Hey Tony it might actually get you a woman who will stay," I joked causing Tony to scoff. "I beg to differ, my friend," he replied, making me roll my eyes.

As I was walking around the snow trying to find another fight, Tony and I decided to get into a conversation. "So, in your Hydra life, did you ever meet Strucker?" Tony quizzed. "A few times, but not until I was 18. He was the one ordering I get my powers, teleportation was his idea. He wasn't very talkative, taking a more aggressive approach," I informed Iron Man.

When I noticed Tony was getting busy and there was nothing going for me here, I decided to go help Clint. When I approached the man who was holding his bow carefully. "Hey buddy, so are we friends now?" I asked. "Save my ass and I'll think about it," he responded with a tough guy attitude. I quickly pressed something on my ear to turn off my comms for a moment. "I know Nat is your best friend and you feel like you need to protect her, I understand that. I just need you to know that I would never hurt her, I really like her Clint," I informed him.

Before the other man could respond, a rush of wind flew past us knocking the archer to the floor. "Woah," I muttered looking around confused. "You didn't see that coming?" A Sokovian man smirked. He was young and was probably quite attractive to a lot of people. Before I could observe him any further, he sped away.

I quickly lifted my hand to turn my comms on again. "We have an enhanced in the field," I announced before I was about to teleport after him. However, I was distracted when I heard Clint yell behind me in pain. I turned to him in concern, and noticed he had been shot.

My first instinct was to help the older man, but as soon as I saw Nat rush to his side I decided to destroy the main threat. I teleported to the bunker that held an automated gun and some agents. I kicked the gun several times, dodging bullets from agents and as soon as it stopped firing I rushed to the injured man's side.

"You didn't get them all, does someone want to take care of that bunker?" Nat asked. Before she could even finish her sentence, Hulk came rushing from the trees and smashed into the bunker as if it was nothing. "Thank you," my girlfriend said in relief before she began to bandage Clint.

I lifted him to his side, him groaning in pain so the redhead could bandage him properly. "Come on Clinty, stop whimpering or else I'll start to think of you as less than an avenger," I joked, however I was worried for the man. If something happened to him I would never forgive myself. If I hadn't tried to go after the speedster, I might've been able to stop him getting shot.

Out of nowhere, I heard gunshots and looked up to see an agent standing with a pistol in hand, aiming for us. "I'll go, you look after Clint," Nat began but I stopped her. "I got this," I assured her, placing a small kiss on her lips before teleporting behind the agent causing him to look around confused.

When he turned to me, a grin came to my lips. "Hi fella," I said before bringing out my dagger and I sliced his hand causing him to drop his weapon. I then teleported behind him once again and sliced the back of his leg causing him to fall to his knees perfectly so I could slam him in the back of the head and knock him out.

As soon as he was knocked out, I turned around only to be met with a gunshot to the chest. I fell to the floor with a groan. I heard a shout and some gunshots before Nat rushed to my side. "Where are you shot?" She questioned, looking me over for the wound. "I'm not," I groaned, knowing I had broken a few ribs. "I saw him shoot you," she furrowed her eyebrows. "Did I forget to tell you Tony put a bulletproof vest in my suit?" I chucked, sitting up. Nat hit my shoulder causing my laugh to continue. "I'm sorry, Natalia, it just slipped out my mind," I apologised. "Thank me later," Tony announced over the comms, having heard the situation.

"Tony, I'm not gonna be able to come into the building. I think I broke a couple of ribs. I'm gonna stick with Clint, do you think you can get that information for me?" I asked. "Of course," he responded. Before I could add anything else he spoke once again. "Jarvis, can I have a health check on The Echo Suit please?" Tony asked.

It didn't take long before the AI responded with, "confirmed three broken ribs from impact and there is a wound on the right arm, is that all Mr.Stark?" Jarvis asked. I tuned out to that and continued to help with Clint.

Soon enough, Clint and I were waiting on the jet. The archer was strapped to an IV line on the bed, seemingly tired. I sat on a chair opposite him and glanced at the wound on my arm that I hadn't noticed. "That's gonna need stitches," Clint told me. "Are you a doctor now?" I joked, causing a small smile to appear on his face.

"Thanks," he said. "For what?" I quizzed. "For making sure I got to the jet okay, and for going after the speedster," he said. "If I hadn't gone after him you wouldn't have gotten shot," I replied. "No getting shot was my own fault, I'm glad you went after him even if you couldn't catch him," he told me. I nodded and looked at my hands. "It's not Nat I'm worried about getting hurt, I see it, you care about her a lot, it's you I'm worried about," he told me.

Before I could add anything, I overheard the comms. Nat was with Bruce and she was getting him to come down from being Hulk. I rolled my eyes as I listened. Bruce really was an ass and Nat didn't even see it. My attention was taken away from the moment when I heard Steve say, "there's a second enhanced, female."

"Steve, don't engage, as far as we know they could be like me, mind controlled. I think we can help them, so don't hurt them," I warned the man. I got no response but I knew he would listen to me. "They'll be okay, kid," Clint told me. I simply nodded.

If there was a chance that these two people were like me and they were being forced into this I wanted to save them. I understand how terrible it can be, being under Hydra's control, I want to be able to help them, to save them from themselves.

Soon enough, the rest strolled on the plane. "Did you get the information?" I quizzed as soon as I spotted Tony. "Yeah, I got it," he sighed. Something was off, but I decided not to question it. We took off, and I simply sat, feeling uncomfortable from the aching in my chest from the broken ribs.

I watched as my girlfriend walked up to Bruce who was sitting listening to music seemingly stressed. Some would feel bad for him, but I couldn't, because all he did was complain and that just frustrated me. "Hey, the lullaby worked better than ever," Nat told him. "I just didn't expect to go green," he sighed, causing a scoff to roll out of my mouth, probably louder than expected.

"If you wouldn't have been there, there would have been double the casualties. My best friend would have been a treasured memory, and god knows what would have happened to my girlfriend with all of the messes she gets herself into," she attempted to make the man feel better. However his only response was, "sometimes exactly what I wanna hear isn't exactly what I wanna hear," he responded causing me to groan. He flinched when she said girlfriend, I knew exactly what he was talking about.

I gave up and decided to get some water. So, I left them to it and walked to the room that held supplies. I spotted the crate of water and I grabbed a bottle, opting to stay in the secluded room. Soon enough, Nat strolled in with a sad smile on her face.

"Are you okay?" She whispered, her hand reaching to my chest, her palm flat on it. "It's a little bruised but I'm sure I'll be fine," I told her with a shrug. "I know you were listening to me and Bruce," she told me. "We all were," I shrugged nonchalantly. "You have nothing to worry about," she mumbled, pulling me closer to her. I kissed her lightly before nodding. "I'm exhausted," I groaned. "We still have some mission updates, and no doubt Tony's gonna want a victory party," she told me causing a whimper to escape my lips.

"When we get back we'll get you to the medical bay and you can have a small nap," she told me. "Thank god," I let out a loud sigh of relief.