Chapter 10

Andrea's p.o.v

We all sat at the dinner table eating away at the food and making light conversation with each other. Steak, rice and salad, beautiful concepts but for some reason I had lost my appetite. Tom and Riley seemed nice. When I arrived I observed the apartment, eyeing things that could show me their personality traits.

It was pristine, nothing was out of place, the scent of lavender showed me that they were relaxed people, no anxiety. There was a computer with a gaming chair in the corner of the room which suggested they enjoyed some fun, but I also noticed the full bookshelf which showed they could also be down to earth.

When we had finished eating, Riley politely took our plates out to the kitchen and then we all sat at the table asking each other questions to get to know each other better. When I put my hand on the table to anxiously pick at the table cloth, Nat's hand reached up and grabbed mine. It was soft and warm, her red nail polish so perfect upon her nails, I wished to hold her hand for as long as I could.

"So how'd you guys meet?" Tom asked as Riley sat forward excitedly. "At Columbia university. I went for film and Natalie studied chemistry. You can tell who the smart one is," I joked, causing the opposing couple to laugh. "Maddie, here, wanted the perfect person in her solo film and when she saw me she begged me to be in her film for over a month. Eventually I couldn't resist. To be honest I was just teasing her," Nat confessed.

As she spoke, I stared at the side profile, acknowledging how beautiful she really is. Perfectly sharp jawline, her emerald eyes shone in the light, her short red hair sculpted her face. The only word I could ever use to describe the goddess is that she is ethereal. When she finished her explanation of how we came to be, she turned to me with a teasing smirk on her face before she leaned in and kissed me lightly. It was short, but enough to make me feel all kinds of different emotions.

I cleared my throat and looked at the stunning couple and quickly excused myself to go to the bathroom. When I did get to the bathroom, I leaned on the door and sighed. I was losing control of my emotions and I felt like something was off. Something underlying was going on here but I had no proof. I couldn't mind read the other couple in case it hurt them so I was stuck.

With no proof of what this was, I shrugged it off and quickly flushed the toilet and washed my hands so everything seemed normal. When I walked out, Nat had a glass of wine in her hands and she was laughing along to something the other couple had just said.

"What're you guys talking about?" I worked my way back into the conversation, placing my hands on my 'wife's' shoulders. She looked up at me, a bright smile on her face. "Oh nothing, babe, just about the fact that Riley here slipped in the mall today in front of everyone," Nat joked, kissing my hand before turning around.

"So, Maddie. Do you like video games?" Tom questioned me. "I can't get her off of them. Sometimes I have to beg her just to get her attention," Nat chuckled. Truth was, I've never played a video game in my life, but I was prepared to act once more. "Well, in that case I have some cool games that I bought recently but I haven't had anyone to play with. Come on," Tom stood up and gestured for me to follow him. As I stood up, I leaned down and kissed Nats cheek. "Keep your eyes open," I whispered in warning before leaving her alone with Riley.

We strolled into what I'm sure Tom would call a man cave. Inside we're some gaming chairs that were facing an enormous TV that could be compared to that of a cinema screen. It was in this moment that I realized he saw me as the top in my relationship with Nat, which was far from correct. I would let that woman choke me in bed anyday.

As that thought ran through my mind, I quickly grabbed one of the controllers as a way to distract myself. "I got the new Call Of Duty, we should play that," he suggested, putting the game on the Xbox allowing us to play. The idea of the game was pretty simple, I just pressed buttons strategically to kill the opponents.