"That doesn't make sense," he rasped, his green eyes zooming in on me. "Your booty is gorgeous."

He'd know. He'd been inside it. Twice.

And just like that, the sexual tension between us bloomed, or more like exploded, like a thick cloud of smoke. My face got hot and I squirmed in my seat like a preteen who'd popped his first boner.

Friends. Friends. FRIENDS.

MARRIED!

I got up quickly, breaking the spell and bringing my bowl over to the sink. "You want anything else?" I asked now that I could finally breathe.

There was no answer.

Then I felt it. His big body behind me, pressing me into the counter as he placed his bowl beside my own. His body heat, his scent, everything had me tense - the wrong kind of tense. The aroused kind of tense.

Ezra seemed to be pushing our hypothetical boundaries and I knew he was waiting for a reaction from me. He wanted me to respond and then I knew where this would go.

My heart beat sped up and I swallowed thickly. His hard chest was right against my back, his bruised hands on either side of my body. He pressed his face against my cheek, over my shoulder and I closed my eyes, warring with myself.

"Ezra, I thought.... I thought you were here to talk."

"We were talking. Then you brought up your ass."

"In passing, not so that this - agh fuck."

I cursed at the feel of his obvious erection pressed against the curve of my buttocks. He was doing it on purpose and my need to have insanely erotic sex with this man increased.

"Ezra you're m-"

"Stop. Stop saying it."

I let out a frustrated growl. "We can't just brush it under the carpet! You're asking too much of me! You might not have a functioning guilty conscience, but I do and-"

He spun me around so that we were chest to chest. Then he gripped my face in both of his large hands, holding my jaw tightly. We locked eyes, his intense green ones on my worried brown. I couldn't escape. I felt like I was getting sucked in and the almost pleading look on his face as he muttered his next words made me cave.

"I'm asking you to forget when you're with me because you're my only escape. Please Jae."

My name was a whisper on his lips and I felt goosebumps erupt up my arms. I was his only escape? What did that even mean?! And why was I so happy to hear that I was almost valued by him. I was confused - this was a mess. Yet the vulnerability in the way he delivered those lines made me nod my head.

"Okay," I whispered shakily, wondering what in the hell I was agreeing to and if it was the right choice.

Side bitch. You're agreeing to be his slutty, secret side bitch. Because he's married.

Putting it like that hurt more then I thought it would. I was allowing myself to be used like I wasn't worth anything more. Like I wasnt worth being his husband rather than his affair. Like my parents didn't bring me up to have more respect for myself and others - his wife.

In a way, I knew that a lot of people were going to get hurt by the end of this.

But I didn't stop Ezra from titling my head up and pressing his lips to my own. I didn't stop him from pushing my shorts and underwear down my legs. I didn't stop him from fucking me against my kitchen counter, or again in my bedroom or against the wall in the shower. No, I let him do it.

And I enjoyed it. Because there was just something about Ezra that didn't allow me to say no.

I just prayed that I'd be able to handle it the day karma comes around and bites me in the ass.

-▪︎¤■¤▪︎-