Chapter 3

"It's here." Dad said.

I looked at daddy and dad in alarm.

"How do you know?" I asked as Daddy went to the tv then pressed a button and the events that transpired on the television set went backwards.

"Hogwarts letters come at eight, Robbie." Daddy said. "Normally."

The thought of holding my very first Wizardly letter tugged at heart strings that I hadn't thought were there. Heart strings that I had only reserved for the saddest of sorrow, such as John Wick's dog Daisy crawling to his side and dying there beside his unconscious figure, such as Blade losing the love of his life in his arms as the sun raised, such as Bilbo leaving with Gandalf on one final journey, such as Old Yeller dying, such as the dying words of a rover by the name of Curiosity, such as the death of Steve Irwin, such as the homage from the Addams Family cartoon movie that showed a hundred years after their conception their healthy, accepting, loving but quite weird family were the same people that I had known growing up--speaking of which.

"Does the Addams Family come out this year?" I asked.

"They do." Dad said. "They do."

"Can we watch The Classic Addams Family after we get my letter?" I asked, once more.

"Sure, Robert." Dad said as he began to grin.

I grinned the hardest that I ever had-- that felt so long ago, the virus came in and neutralized my social life and carried dread in its purest forms in a apartment flat --- that made me feel quite young for a moment.

"Thank you for the hardy breakfast, daddy, dad."

I sped out of my chair then made a bolt for the front door and crashed against it with a loud smack then fell back with a thud. I popped to my feet then swung the door open with a loud thud as my heart was racing in my ear and the idea of my personal adventure going on while Harry Potter grew up following his destiny and getting a certain Hero Complex tallied upon him year by year that passed.

My personal adventure that was made of studying, being stubborn, avoiding Harry Potter's storyline, and being kind following my personal set of rules on welding magic and seeing creatures that were deemed fantasy. My feet were moving as these thoughts crashed upon my mind staring at the owl that rested on the mail box.

Rule 4; avoid Harry Potter's group.

"Mail's in", I could hear Morticia Addam's voice announce in my ears, the sound of Thing creaking open the lid, and paper being shuffled out of the envelope--Wait, could there be a distinctive possibility that there exists a THING in Harry Potter? The Thing! The THING Addams? I mean, Thing was weird and the feat of magic. But Cloverfield Paradox makes it seem that Thing wasn't a feat of magic but a feat of science.

I was engrossed in my thoughts when I hit the mailbox and landed with a thud to the ground. I heard the laughter of my parents loudly behind me, cackling, hollering, the giggling, the full nine yards. They were weird but that's my kind of weird. I started to laugh as I slid myself up and laughed. I rubbed my forehead then looked on toward the owl and slid my hand into my pocket seeking for a iphone--only I felt something else. I turned toward my parents and they beckoned me on. They always had my back; no matter which life.

I turned my attention away then took out the rounded small material and held my hand out for the owl to have. The owl tilted their head at me with small hoots then reached a claw out and waved the letter in its beak. I smiled, reaching my hand out for the envelope, slightly whispering, "Trade?" while praying to myself: For Allah's sake, don't be a creepy Jumanji bird. I recalled how Aslan from Narnia regarded the strange people of Narnia as that of people despite being animals and how they were like people. I must look terrified, tense, and afraid. I gulped down my fear of being attacked by the creature and waited for the owl to make the first move.