04. Always

"Haganezuka-san... You can't be acting in such a way every time you miss Akane-san..." Kozo pointed out only to sigh as he dodged the knife that Hotaru had thrown at him. How badly Hotaru wanted to stay by [name]'s side, but he knew [name] would get angry if he just let's go of his passion for swordmaking.

Haganezuka Hotaru was known to be a hot-blooded individual. Showing little to no concern about anything or anybody, except for the swords he creates with his burning passion.

Hotaru then chuckled out of the blue, only for Kozo to pale a little at the sudden chuckle escaping the hot-blooded individual.

"I can't believe it has been years," Hotaru said with a smile on his face as he picked up a skewer of dangos then and proceeded to eat it, clearly taking a break from making swords as he started to remember then.

How he and [name] got together.

"Ah, here we go again," Kozo commented with a sigh as Hotaru was busy arguing with the Shadow Hashira, scolding her for not coming to him sooner to get her sword polish, nearly causing it to shatter during an intense battle she had earlier on.

"OH MY GOD, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME?!" [name] yelled as she sat up on the futon that was provided for her in the Swordsmith Village, and Kozo could only sigh then as he watched the scene before him, together with the chief as well.

"HOW COULD YOU FUCKING DELAY TILL LIKE THIS?! YOU SHOULD HAVE CAME THE VERY MOMENT IT NEEDS TOUCHING UP!" Hotaru yelled back as he grabbed hold of [name] by the shoulders and shook her violently, causing her to have an irked mark on her forehead as she slapped his hands away.

"THE HELL?! DO YOU EXPECT ME TO STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF MY MISSION AND COME TO THE SWORDSMITH VILLAGE TO FIND YOUR SUNFLOWER ASS?!" [name] snapped, and Kozo sighed as the duo looked at one another in silence.

"I've never seen Hotaru act in such a manner towards other demon slayers," the chief spoke out, and Kozo could only laugh a little then as he spoke out the very reason.

"Haganezuka-san is in love with Akane-san, that's why," and the chief raised an eyebrow in response.

"Well, who knew he would fall in love, let alone with our former best swordsmith's daughter," the chief commented, and Kozo could only laugh then as [name] was staring at Hotaru a tad bit too much.

"YOU KNOW I CAN HEAR YOUR INNER THOUGHTS, WHY DON'T YOU JUST CONFESS TO ME ALREADY SINCE I DO LIKE YOU BACK!" [name] snapped, and Hotaru's eyes could only widen then as he removed his mask and soon planted a kiss on her lips without warning.

"Haganezuka-san, it seems Akane-san is going on a mission together with Rengoku Kyojuro to find out what has been going on with the missing demon slayers," Kozo spoke out as he read the letter which [name] had often written to them both, stating what missions she will be going on.

Hotaru then sighed as he sat up and stretched his body then.

"I hope the sword will be strong enough to help her through," Hotaru muttered out, and Kozo could only chuckle then at how kind Hotaru was when it comes to [name]. Often when the blade snaps, Hotaru would blame the demon slayer for being too weak.

But when it comes to [name], it was the exact opposite.

And Hotaru ever since he and [name] got together, have been trying to find ways in improving his swordsmith skills so that he could create the ultimate nichirin blade for [name], one that would never snap given how strong she was.

Because he believes then, [name] deserves it.

--

"Oh my, I'm really running out of energy these days," [name] commented as she yawned and walked beside Kyojuro, who could only chuckle in response then to what the Shadow Hashira had said, and [name] could only turn to look as Sanemi and Giyuu were walking with them as well.