02 // she was amazed

Chapter 2: Virtuoso

Ayako had never been too excited to meet a new neighbour, it's only been a few months ever since their old neighbours moved away; yet it felt like a year. But it's been awhile since Ayako made an acquaintance, but for all she knows – she's psyched to meet her neighbour, like she's been electrified ever since her mother mentioned about introducing themselves to the neighbours.

Ayako wasn't indecisive, but now her mind is rummaging through ideas – she needs to make a good first impression, she needs them to know that she was a good person; unlike the awkward encounter with her French friend, Serena. But they somehow became best friends nonetheless.

Her hazel eyes gazed at a small portrait of a little boy and girl, and the girl was assumed to be her. Ayako had to be honest; her eyes welled up just by looking at it. You may think that it's merely a plain picture that stands in her room, but Ayako thinks of it as a memory charm – to keep him in her heart forever.

She ran through the eerie-like hallway and then descended down the stairs, that's when she was greeted by a slightly impatient mother.

She said with a calm yet quick tone of voice, "Oh you're done? That's good, let's go!" Michiko opened the door and a gust of cold wind blew inside – sending chills to the mother and daughter. Her mother chortled, "Haha, just the wind. That's not going to stop the Hayashis! Let's go, Leafy!" her mother boasted and went out.

It was an easy travel, despite their legs being their only transportation at the moment. Their neighbours were just next door, who would think of it as a long trip?

They saw a bunch of men lifting furniture and whatnot, they looked tired from the tedious job – but Ayako assumed it was for money.

Ayako finally caught up with her mother, she believed that her mother was excited to see their new neighbours, especially the fact that her mother started a 'Mothers' Gathering'; she seeks for new members. Ayako wouldn't dare to condemn with that.

"Excuse me, neighbours coming through!" Michiko politely said, slightly shoving men for entrance.

Ayako had to admit, but her mother could be slightly – prodigious. At least she's relieved that her mother is vaguely like her loony father, it's more enjoyable to have funny and loving parents. Sad to say, that her father is not here for awhile, at least.

The door was open, luckily, but they still have to knock for a polite entrance. Michiko took the chance to knock, awaiting her neighbour's coming. It didn't take long for them to answer. The woman accompanied by her son, answered the door with vague faces of surprise.

"Hello!" said Michiko, giving off a good vibe with her demonstrative personality. She was friendly all right; proof is how countless of friends she has. "My name is Michiko Hayashi, and this is my lovable daughter, Ayako! But feel free to call her Leaf!" she beamed indulgently.

"M-mom!" Ayako mumbled in complaint, the only people she knows who call her Leaf is just her relatives and parents. And him.

The woman smiled adoringly, she seemed to quickly enjoy her mother's presence, "Enticing, my name is Hanako, and my son here is Hiroki. Coincidence is, I call him Fire; since it's a name his old friend gave him."

The young man remained silent through the conversation, almost like he's lost in thought – it's hard to focus when he gazes into your eyes, those hazel eyes are alluring but Ayako doesn't know what's behind them. Loathe? Lust? Emptiness?

That's what she thought, to say the least.

"Hanako? Oh, Hanako!" Michiko smiled widely, she held Hanako's hands. "It's been awhile, how have you been?"