It made you feel very guilty, at the time when you took her earrings, you were only thinking about saving her but you hadn't stopped to think about how horrible she would've felt had you died in her place.

That was why, as you lulled her to sleep in your arms, you whispered apologies in her ear. Finally, around midnight she had fallen asleep and you gently rested her head on the loveseat in her room before silently making your way to the roof.

"He's somewhere in this time." Bhoot told you, flying out of your pocket but you shook your head, staring at a particular building in the distance.

'It's probably still open.' You thought, trying to recall the time you needed to travel to.

"No, there's something more important I need to do." You told him, quickly making your way down and swiftly exited Marinette's house.

"What? Where are we going?"

"The Museum of Art." You told him before breaking into a run.

You managed to reach there before the museum closed and even though they had warned you that it was about to close, you had managed to convince them that you had just misplaced your phone

You managed to reach there before the museum closed and even though they had warned you that it was about to close, you had managed to convince them that you had just misplaced your phone. You would in fact misplace your phone in this museum, so technically you didn't lie, you just told them about the future.

Quickly you made your way to a washroom and hid there, taking out the pocket-watch and moving a few days in the future. Stepping out of the washroom, it was clear that it was midnight because the lights were switched off and you couldn't hear the distant buzz of people.

Quickly moving toward the oil painting exhibit, you gasped and ducked out of the way when you saw Chat Noir climb through one of the windows.

Your brows furrowed, 'But I thought—?'

However, when the moonlight through the skylight shone through the room, you gasped when you saw who it was. The purple eyes were unmistakable.

"Gamer girl." You whispered in shock, even though you were shocked, you couldn't get over how amazing you looked in black leather and silently lamented that you couldn't remember wearing it.

"Of course," You huffed underneath your breath, "I would get all the hate for stealing the godforsaken ring but I can't even remember wearing the whole costume. How unfair."

You waited patiently in the shadows as Gamer Girl stashed the ring in a secret compartment behind one of the paintings and then made your move, running towards the painting as soon as she left.

Your breath caught in your throat as excitement bubbled in your stomach. If you could find the ring, you could get an edge over Nathaniel. With Chat Noir having his ring in the future, it would be easy to get him on your side and help you defeat Nathaniel.

All you had to do was get it open.

Gently prying the frame away from the wall, you opened up the hatch to reveal a small compartment. You stared down at the dark tunnel like a demon would jump out at you, or more likely, your demons would jump out at you.

You couldn't exactly tell what you were feeling. It was a mixture of guilt and relief. While the box would've never been here had it not been for you, this never would've happened. The guilt from today was just piling up over you and you felt rooted to the ground.

But remembering that you saved Ladybug's life and would now redeem yourself for stealing Adrien's ring did shine some light onto the darkness that you felt. It gave you hope.

Hope that everything would be resolved very soon. It was only a matter of time.

Everything would be right with the world again. Nathaniel would be good. Adrien wouldn't be upset with you anymore. And you'd finally be happy.

The first step was returning the ring.

Your heart rammed in your chest with anticipation and you felt tears prick your eyes at the thought of a care-free life after all this was over. It had been so hard, for so long, but finally everything would be okay.

You reached quickly reached inside the compartment, frantically searching for the ring box as if it would've disappeared. It seemed too good to be true. However, when your fingers touched the surface of the box, a tear of relief escaped your eyes and you pulled it out, letting out a breath you hadn't realized you were holding.

When you opened it, your heart stopped in your chest and your stomach sank with the feeling of dread growing in it. You dropped the box and sank to your knees, letting out a helpless wail as your heart clenched in your chest.

Because on the floor of the museum, there was an empty ring box with a note inside it.

'Game over, Gamer girl.'