Chapter 1: Becoming a fiancée

I read a book. A romance book in my spare time when I wasn't studying or working for my part time job. It was called Lucy Pratt: Falling For The Prince.

The story goes as follows, The heroine, Lucy Pratt used to be a commoner before she was picked up by a baron household because of her powerful magic. Getting lost in the school, she stumbles upon the crown prince who took an interest in her and helped her.

The fiancée of the crown prince who was also the villainous of the book, Lilyana Kimberleye was one-sidedly in love with the prince. She is the Duke's daughter. When she found out that a commoner turned noble caught the prince's eyes, she was jealous and sad but never tried to harm her. She only watched from afar but her followers were angry at the heroine for hurting the person they were following. The followers were the ones who bullied the heroine, throwing dirty bags of water on her, tearing up her books and many more.

But it backfire as the bullying made Lucy and the prince grow closer and slowly fall in love. Lilyana found out and tried to stop the bullying only for everything to be blamed on her. The prince expresses how disappointed he was at her and told to her face how he was in love with the heroine.

In a ball, the prince publicly announces the annul of their engagement with his fiancee, throwing her into despair and shame in front of every noble. Lilyana couldn't handle it and was devoured by her now unstable magic causing her to turn into a monster, bringing chaos to the country. She nearly killed the prince as she didn't want anyone else to have him other than her but with the heroine's powerful magic, they were able to stop her and bring her to her death.

This brought huge respect for the heroine and made her queen for the crown prince and they lived happily ever after in peace.

It was a cliche romance plot. I still don't remember how I found it. Maybe it was when I heard it from the girls while I was working or I stumbled upon it. I pitied the male lead's fiancee like many people who have read it but apparently due to some circumstances, I have turned into her.

Everything around me was unfamiliar and looked too westernized and quite vintage. I looked down, noticing that my straight medium length black hair has turned into a long wavy silver hair.

"Lady Lilyana!" I heard a loud gasp and crashes. I turned towards the entrance to see an unfamiliar looking lady wearing what seems to be a maid outfit.

"Sorry?"

Did I hear that wrong? Lilyana?

"You have been bedridden for almost a week with a high fever." the lady who I could assume was my maid said, as she stood by the bed.

She placed her hand on my forehead and let out a sigh of relief, "Your fever seems to have gone down. I will go ahead and report this to my lord."

She then hurriedly left, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I began to look over the room, I immediately understood that this was the owner's room. I noticed a mirror and looked at my reflection. My face began to pale in horror once I saw the reflection. Just like the description in the book, silver wavy hair, light blue eyes and a mole under her left eye.

I was Lilyana Kimberleye from the cliche romance book. It was a hard pill to swallow. From being a normal college student who worked overtime in a part time job to becoming a character from a novel.

It took days, weeks and months until I finally accepted it. Being suddenly transported into a romance book that I have read wasn't something anyone could just accept and move on. One will realise that everything they had or have been doing will turn into nothing.

But I was lucky to have a loving and caring family to be there for me and wait patiently as I try to accept my new fate. Although they weren't my real ones, they already felt like one. Lilyana Kimberleye has such a loving family yet a sad future ahead of her.