Quarantine Series Part 9-The Final Part

Start from the beginning

"Not even able to see anybody?" Will asked, suggestively.

"What?" you asked.

"Are you seeing anybody right now? I remember you and that bartender were getting pretty flirty," Will said.

You rolled your eyes, "Oh my god. That was weeks ago. No, I haven't seen Ethan. It was just flirting."

"Alex sure didn't seem to think so," Will teased.

"Shut up, Will," you said, slightly harsher than you meant to. He could definitely tell he'd hit something touchy. Or perhaps something secret?

"Give it a rest, Will," Mia thankfully interjected. "She says she hasn't been seeing anyone, and it's none of your business anyways."

Right then, George and Alex showed up. They'd split a cab to the restaurant and were already bickering before they even got to the table; however, all that stopped when they heard someone was being nosy. Both of them saw an opportunity to rag on a friend and immediately became curious. George sat down next to you, and Alex sat down on the other side of him to create a buffer between the two of you.

"What's none of Will's business?" Alex asked.

"Besides, ya know, most things," George added.

"Nothing," you said.

"Y/n's just being oddly quiet about her love life. Ya know, usually, you share a lot, y/n," Will said.

"There's just nothing to share," you said.

"Hm...well, you know who else has been cagey about his love life recently-" George started.

"George, don't start," Alex interrupted.

"-Alex!" George finished his rhetorical question.

"Oh?" Mia asked, interested to hear about what they all assumed was drama.

"He's been sneaking out for some booty call every night for the past couple of weeks and making up the lamest excuses, I swear. You're a horrible liar, Alex," George said.

"I'm not lying," Alex insisted.

"So you go to an only after midnight barber and then sleep there?" George asked.

"Yeah. That's exactly what I do," Alex said, knowing that the only strategy he had left was to lie through his teeth. Even you were rolling your eyes at this point. Thankfully, James came in right then.

"Sorry I was late, guys. I had to go to the guitar shop, and I guess I didn't realize how long I'd been there. You know you just kinda lose track of time when you get to play a really nice guitar," James announced to the table as he sat down. You all groaned.

"We get it, James. You play guitar," Will said.

"Don't you have like three guitars already?" George asked.

"Well, I wasn't planning to go to the guitar shop, but there was the most amazing guitar I'd ever seen in the window and I just had to go in and look at it," James replied. You wondered if he knew how much he was going to get made fun of when he said these things or if he was completely unaware of what he sounded like.

"Oh my god. Playing guitar is not a personality trait. You sound like the guy who brings his guitar to a frat party but only knows Wonderwall," you said.